How to get refund from itch.io for a fake paid tileset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
They look really similar, but palettes are not protected and besides that bush he could get away with the stuff being "very inspired". Not cool though.

But the other guy maybe being a piece of garbage, doesn't right the trashy behaviour, the complaint had nothing to do with it.

BCj

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Still doesn't really excuse @MoltresRider 's behavior before we knew. Like come on.
Nope, definitely doesn't. Who buys a 24x24 tileset without owning MV so they can't test the tileset in-game with the MV sample, then complains everywhere it's not optimized for VX Ace/RPG Maker at all??? :aswt2:

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, definitely doesn't. Who buys a 24x24 tileset without owning MV so they can't test the tileset in-game with the MV sample, then complains everywhere it's not optimized for VX Ace/RPG Maker at all??? :aswt2:
This is really nothing unexpected, given the crap they've done before.

BCj

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is really nothing unexpected, given the crap they've done before.
Eh, i recal a thread where they pissed off a scripter because they used chatgpt to write a script that of course didn't work then wanted a scripter to fix it. ...

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eh, i recal a thread where they pissed off a scripter because they used chatgpt to write a script that of course didn't work then wanted a scripter to fix it. ...
There have been other rude moments, but the most recent was an exchange with @Avery that was never apologized for.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what I do is check their page what they have (free paid) and see if there
are any comments before I download anything.

I hope you get your refund, but think twice before buying something.
it's a lesson you learned hopefully as well :D

Ms Littlefish

Time Traveling Victorian Vampire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And for forest bits for VXAce, that era really has a treasure trove of free add-ons. Ying, PandaMaru just off the top of my head have some of the best trees. Candacis has a huge VXAce library, including many autotiles. Hiddenone has a ton of critter sprites. VXAce Forests can get pretty decked out. Really, so many incredible people were really pumping them out for VXAce.

Iron_Brew

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We've all done our best to help, it seems like this has run its course. @MoltresRider should apologise to the creator and we should go about our evenings, I just don't see any value in continuing.

User error at its finest.

Arthran

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is probably at least the tenth time that the OP has openly accused somebody of being a liar/scammer/faker around here, and it usually turns out to be due to some issue on his own end. There have been multiple times when someone has been nice enough to write custom scripts for him, and he can't figure out how to use them properly and then accuses that person of being a scammer. He's also made multiple snotty/entitled comments on resource sharing threads, either due to his own misunderstandings, unreasonable expectations, or completely fabricating issues that don't even exist.

@MoltresRider At this point, you're like 0 for 10, so isn't it about time to take a step back, practice some self awareness, and *learn* from your debacles? Being outraged all the time isn't good for your health, and surely it's not fun making an ass of yourself on the regular. And setting your own health and well being aside, continually wronging people is not a good thing at all.

The first step to stopping yourself from continuing to make the same mistakes is to own your mistakes when they happen. In this case, that means to apologize to the person whom you've wronged, instead of slinking off into the darkness and pretending that it never happened. Denial is one of the worst coping mechanisms, because it prevents you from learning from your errors. It's also one of the silliest, because even if you can trick yourself into forgetting that something happened, your peers will still remember it.

CCCreations

CCCreations
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
289e92e2-53bc-40b1-8b79-51535315a479.jpg

SpyroFan67

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

Ms Littlefish

Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It’s probably not anything itch.io would really need to worry about if their terms and conditions are even decently well-written. Rule #1 is CYOA.

SpyroFan67

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's illegal to do anywhere, but it has nothing to do with itch. The copyright holder would need to file a complaint with them.
Looks like it's lawsuit time.....

Phoenix Wright.PNG

Ms Littlefish

Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These types of things rarely really come to a settlement let alone end up in court. They usually just get a DMCA and the content is pulled. I doubt these types of rips pull enough revenue that it would be worth suing for damages.

SpyroFan67

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These types of things rarely really come to a settlement let alone end up in court. The usually just get a DMCA. I doubt these types of rips pull enough revenue that it would be worth suing for damages.
It'll still get taken down, though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Some anims Compressed.gif
Cosmetics continue, it's fun adding little moments of flavour to each outfit
Me in a nutshell *Pays for Twitter premium for a month to test it out, then stops being active* xD
In my office today and instead of being unproductive on my couch, I can be unproductive and uncomfortable! OK. I've written like two phrases of music too, though.
Did you know that it is less than two days until you can open your first advent calendar door? Are you as hyped as I am?
*Goes away*
*Returns after a few days to see what's happening*
*Sees what's happening*
ErifB_2.pngLuminusActor_DMG_6.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntool