How to get script from the Scripts.rvdata2 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

segaforever

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I want to do some translation on a game , but I don't know how to get script from the Scripts.rvdata2 file and put it back , I need some help~~

Link

Hero of Slime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Engrish
Primarily Uses
... What? If you don't have vx installed, I don't think it's possible...

regendo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
If you do translations on a project, shouldn't you have the whole thing, including the Game.rvproj2 file?

Link

Hero of Slime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Engrish
Primarily Uses
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking... Just sounds to me like someone is trying to extract scripts from someone else's game >.> though if you're missing the project file, you can start a new project and either copy the script data file to the new project folder or copy the project file to the old project folder.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
If you have the file Scripts.rvdata2, just put the file on the Data folder of a new project and you will be able to open the script editor.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just marshal it in a simple ruby script, dump the contents to a text file, make your modifications, and then marshal it back to the original state.

Btw, dialogue usually isn't stored in scripts.rvdata2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since the question has been answered, I'm closing this, since we do not encourage ripping scripts from an encrypted project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.
Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back-AlleySnowman