RMMV How to give party members bonus stats the less players your decide to play with in your party.

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!

I'm looking to see if there is a way to give entire stat bonuses to my party if the person playing the game decides to play it with less than the normal amount of party members.

explained: my max team size is 4 members. playing with 4 members is the normal way to play. but if you decide to beat it with 3 members on the team, those 3 members get a bit of a buff to everything to compensate for the lost member, otherwise the game would be way too hard.

example: max party size is 4 members. you decide at any point in the game to play the game with only 2 members.. those 2 members in the party get a 100% buff to all of their stats to compensate for the 2 characters they could of had on their team.

I'd like this to happen as soon as they are removed from the team in the menu.

let me know your thoughts!

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Should this buff occur only during battle or at all times? Should it affect HP/MP/TP, or only the primary attributes (ATK, M.ATK, DEF, M.DEF, AGI, LUK)?

You could probably event this, but I don't know much about the event system, so it might be a pain. It would probably be easier to write a small plugin to hook into either the start of battle or something else (if you wanted the buff outside of battle), check the party size, and then apply a state to the party members that corresponds to the party size.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

There is no option to remove party members via the menu. What plugin are you using?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Make three states for 3 person, 2 person, and 1 person size party buffs. Assign them to all party members and have them check for a variable that holds the party size in it. You'll have to assign that elsewhere, though, unless you have plugins that can automatically do that.

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kirbwarrior

very interesting okay. I'm aware of Auto Passive States. Do you know the code for the variable you would use to check the party size?

I don't know any coding for that and would that still show the parties new stats outside of battle?

@Kenen

it would be on all the time when the party is reduced and it would effect all stats. a full out boost to everything.

thanks for the help guys.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you know the code for the variable you would use to check the party size?
It would depend entirely on how you change the party around. If you use an event system for that, then you can just set the variable to the party size (at least I think you can, I can't get into RM right now). If you change the party while in the menu, the simplest solution I know of is to use Yanfly's plugin that lets you activate a common event as part of leaving the menu and change the variable through that.
would that still show the parties new stats outside of battle?
Yes, but if you change the variable on menu exit, it won't show because it doesn't update until you leave the menu (close and reopen will show proper stats).

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kirbwarrior

ahh yes yes yes.. i know the yanfly plugin your talking about. isnt there a variable that pulls the party size? and then just set up conditional branches based on the results? do you know what that script is that recalls party size?

thanks.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In Control Variable, you can go to Game Data -> Other -> Party Members to set a regular variable to the party size. For a script call you can use $gameParty.members().length which I found in the giant MV script calls;

https://docs.google,com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit#gid=0

(I broke the link on purpose because it keeps coming up as a spreadsheet instead of link, replace the comma with a period after google)

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One thing to take note of, using $gameParty.members().length or the "Game Data -> Other -> Party Members" option will also count any party members that are "on standby" (if you have more than 4 party members at a time, the remaining ones are semi-transparent on the menu screen. These party members are "on standby", and are still considered to be in the party). Depending on how you have your party system set up, this might not be an issue for you.

You can use this to get the number of members in the active party:

$gameParty.battleMembers().length

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vis_Mage

oh snap okay... so example i have 3/4 members in my party but i've unlocked saaaay 10 characters.

so

"$gameParty.members().length" will spit out something like 13 or 14 and...

"$gameParty.battleMembers().length" will spit out 3..

is that how it works?

@kirbwarrior thanks for the link!!!

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@boulops1 Yep, that's correct. "Members" counts everyone who's joined the party, while "battleMembers" only counts those who would show up in a battle.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!
A good way to practice writing is to write "flash fiction"; very short stories. Link
[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beru