Not open for further replies.

Drekex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I made a 3 horizontal tile gate, but there are a few problems with it, though I'm still new to making games on RPG Maker MZ. I set up the gate so it appears after a cutscene plays out and its invisibility is turned off (handled inside the cutscene event), like a trap. However, when I interact with the event, it prevents passage, but the gate disappears during the text inside the Gate Event, most likely something to do with invisibility. As for passage left and right, I tried adding 2 events with Through OFF that show the same text as the central event with the Gate image. I'm guessing since it's an event without an image, it just can't have a collision maybe?

Looks something like this:

Characters before passing the gate

Left Gate Collision: Through ON
Central Gate with image: Through ON and invisibility ON
Right Gate Collision: Through ON

Characters after passing the gate

Left Gate Collision: Through OFF
Central Gate with image: Through OFF and invisibility OFF
Right Gate Collision: Through OFF

After you gain control of the Main Character and try to go through the central gate event, it shows texts, the gate disappears and reappears once the event is finished. You can walk on both sides as well since the Through OFF doesn't work.

So, how would I go trying to correct this?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The gate disappearing likely has nothing to do with the "invisibility being turned off" and more to do with what the spritesheet looks like.

Your barrier tiles, if they have no sprite, are probably set to Below Characters priority, which is why you can walk over them. Change it to Same as Characters and you won't be able to go through.

The gate spritesheet needs to have 4 versions of the gate, each on a different row. Look at the spritesheets that have doors, and create an auto-event for a door to see what the event settings are on the left, and the event commands. Your gate needs to look like that, with the same Direction Fix and Move Route settings/commands.

Drekex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Changing the priority to the same as characters solved the issue with walking on my fence. I've tried to find what made the fence change to turn up when it's set as turn down as it's image but so far no luck. I think my sprite sheet is fine but I'll show the file just in case. You gave me the idea to use Direction Fix to hide the problem. This way, it only looks like a flicker the first time you attempt to cross the gate and doesn't appear with further attempts.

For the sprite sheet, the top right one is used, but it switches to the bottom right one for some reason.

I'll continue to look into the event.

Attachments

• !$SF_lasergate.png
    !$SF_lasergate.png
    18 KB · Views: 7

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it flickers the first time, then you still don't have it right.

Please show a screenshot of your event, so all commands and settings can be seen. If it has multiple pages, show each page.

Drekex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If it flickers the first time, then you still don't have it right.

Please show a screenshot of your event, so all commands and settings can be seen. If it has multiple pages, show each page.
There you go

Edit: I realized some screenshots hid the variable with the tip. On those, it's Gate Passage as well with the value at 1 and 2 respectively.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.09.23.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.09.23.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.17.36.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.17.36.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.17.57.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.17.57.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.18.26.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.18.26.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.18.53.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-01 à 23.18.53.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 3

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wish you'd included the whole event window (even the event id and name).

I don't know what the last 2 events are, as they have no sprite. For the event with the gate, you didn't set it up the way the auto door events are set up.

Check the Direction Fix box under the image.
In the move route, you need to set Direction Fix OFF, TURN in whatever directions you want to animate the gate in whatever way you want (down is the top row, up is the bottom row). Then set another move route on the player to move down (you're moving the gate, not the player), and wait for completion. Then another move route on 'this event' to put the gate back in place and turn Direction Fix ON again.

Drekex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, so I set up a test gate to check if it had something to do with my cutscene event, but the same happened. Now, I just realized I can just keep the Direction fix box checked and it won't change the sprite when the text pops up. When I want it to change like you said I can just set movement to Direction Fix OFF and do turn to the direction needed.
It works as I wanted now, thank you for your help!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(
Check out my side project! It's a survival dungeon crawler! https://voidmoon-studio.itch.io/depths-of-delmora
RushLog wrote on HarlekinLehl's profile.
how do you attach those images to your posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayvay