How to have centaurs, furries, and lamia characters

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry if this isn't in the right forum or thread. But I bought a pack for RPG Maker MZ that allows me to make wolf furries, cat furries, and lizard furries, but the bodies are still human. The pack came with the bodies and the proper faces but I can't get it to load in the generator.

I was also wondering if anyone knew how to also make centaur and lamia characters? I just can't figure out how to give the sprites any type of sideview body but the one they already have. Please help.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm garbage at pixel art, but what I'd do would be cut off the human legs, widen each frame by whatever amount, and draw your horse legs on the bottom.

lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you mentioned buying a pack, I assume you're referring to having downloaded something like the Beast Man Generator pack on Steam. You can only have one body at a time in the generator, so you'll have to swap the bodies out as needed.
1. Go to your game folder (which might be something like: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RPG Maker MZ)

2. Navigate to the Generator folder, and then either Male, Female, or Kid depending on which body you wish to replace.

3. Find these files and back them up by copying them into a separate folder: SV_body_p01.png, SV_body_p01_c.png, TV_Body_p01.png, TV_Body_p01_c.png, TVD_Body_p01.png, TVD_Body_p01_c.png

3a. Incidentally, if you want to make your own character sprites i.e. centaurs/lamia, these are the files you'll need to edit by using a program like Pixaki or Aseprite to draw the bodies as you'd like them to be. SV refers to Sideview Battle sprites and TV refers to the basic body walking sprites -- so if you're not using a battle system, no need to worry about replacing those.

4. Pick a species from the pack you downloadedand move its body parts into this folder. Overwrite the original files (they should already have the same names as above!)

5. Whenever you want to build a character of a different species, you'll have to swap these files out again, which is why you want to make sure you've backed up the original human ones in case you wish to make human characters again.

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you have RPG Maker MV, hiddenone made centaur and lamia sprites, and you can try editing them and replacing the heads with your MZ characters' heads. hiddenone also has tiger, dragon, wolf and fox body generator parts.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hiddenones-mv-resource-warehouse.47255/.
I have the bodies for MZ, but I just don't know how to get it to switch from the regular sprite bodies to the new bodies. How do you switch between sprite bodies in the generator?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Since you mentioned buying a pack, I assume you're referring to having downloaded something like the Beast Man Generator pack on Steam. You can only have one body at a time in the generator, so you'll have to swap the bodies out as needed.
1. Go to your game folder (which might be something like: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RPG Maker MZ)

2. Navigate to the Generator folder, and then either Male, Female, or Kid depending on which body you wish to replace.

3. Find these files and back them up by copying them into a separate folder: SV_body_p01.png, SV_body_p01_c.png, TV_Body_p01.png, TV_Body_p01_c.png, TVD_Body_p01.png, TVD_Body_p01_c.png

3a. Incidentally, if you want to make your own character sprites i.e. centaurs/lamia, these are the files you'll need to edit by using a program like Pixaki or Aseprite to draw the bodies as you'd like them to be. SV refers to Sideview Battle sprites and TV refers to the basic body walking sprites -- so if you're not using a battle system, no need to worry about replacing those.

4. Pick a species from the pack you downloadedand move its body parts into this folder. Overwrite the original files (they should already have the same names as above!)

5. Whenever you want to build a character of a different species, you'll have to swap these files out again, which is why you want to make sure you've backed up the original human ones in case you wish to make human characters again.

Hope that helps!
Yeah, I'll probably use a different computer so I don't have to keep switching out since I use the human bodies a lot but that helps and I'll see if I can try to do it that way. Thank you so much.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you follow @lesbrarians' advice that'll help you change out the bodies in the generator. With hiddenone's centaur and lamia sprites though, because they're not generator parts, I'd use a graphics program (like Aseprite or Photoshop or GIMP, which is free) to edit them, and copy-and-paste the heads you want.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hahah520