How to have dead enemies spawn chest / loot pile after death (MOG ABS) (Help)

WithinAmnesia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I am looking for help to find a way to make enemies spawn a loot pile (functionally a chest) reliably on the location of their death while running Moghunter's Chrono ABS combat plugin (found here https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-chrono-engine/ ). Also the plugin setup I have makes Yanfly core not compatible unfortunately :-(.

The goal is to have a loot window (with a loot table with suffex items)[LFH Item Suffex Popup thread].

I am trying to have the loot features of a game like Diablo 1 / 2 and Baldur's Gate where a lot of items can drop off enemies not just 3 and I use an Action Battle System plugin. So I need the loot to drop on the map and use item icon + item name popups for the item when acquired or at least a line of text like looting a chest that can handle item suffixes. That is the goal any way

Right now I need to find a way to make dead enemies spawn a loot pile / chest (on the location of death). I have been very close with a few attempts I used the event spawner with Glav's Event Spawner https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/galvs-event-spawner.61878/ combined with Moghunter's ABS enemy death self switch where I can have the dead enemy say switch to 'B' and the enemy can do some events right as it dies like open a text box but it has limitation like not running some of glav's script (augmented) like:
Galv.SPAWN.overlap = 'chars';
Galv.SPAWN.event(1,$gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.x); // spawn event 1 at x10,y5

Which even then if I use that script on a stationary event the event unreliably is able to spawn depending on seemly random locations on the map. (Very buggy basically).

ANYWAY! XD I am not really great at switches and tinkering with scripts and I am wondering if the community has any suggestions to achieve:
- Dead enemies spawn loot pile / chest where they died as the game runs Moghunter's Chrono ABS plugin.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are dead self switch for enemy
just make autorun and do thing on that page

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then combine in with mogs treasure popup, don't confuse it with Mogs battle treasure popup

WithinAmnesia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked!

A little too well lol (the chickens are placeholder for the chest). It is raining chickens!XD

I had to change
"Galv.SPAWN.event(1,$gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.x); // spawn event 1 at x10,y5"
to include the y
"Galv.SPAWN.event(1,$gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.y); // spawn event 1 at x10,y5 "
Oh man yesterday I was up all night to 5 am trying to make this work lol. Amazing what a little break and rebreather can do to help. ONE letter off! lol XD. I am amazed that it even 'worked' at all with double x calls lol. Now for spawning 1 chicken and replacing that with a loot pile XD.

Reactions: J-G

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! Game looks great like that. What did you use?

WithinAmnesia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well it kinda broke some other things in the gui but I can fix those with a menu / gui fix later (hopefully XD). The main objective is a success and I upgraded the loot system in my rpg yay XD.

Steps I took:
Glav's Event Spawner is the main working component and so set that up in the project.

Then I used Moghunter's ABS plugin and used the note in the enemy's stat data to enable a death self switch and then in that enemy's map event / sprite I added an event page and made it register with the death self switch.

Then I put a modified version of Glav's script (above with the big y lol) in the enemy's event page that is trigger with the death self switch.

Then I had Glav's modified script call / spawn a loot pile event and then I had the event work like a chest below character.

Note: Do not have spawned events erase themselves for it crashes that game (my experience anyway); instead use switches.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depending on what your yanfly compatibility issues are from, my notes to self thread might have answers for you.

I got YEP_eventspawner to play nice with chrono engine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reji