Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so on this map i want text to show up just like the display text that comes up when entering a display name for your map but i want that to show in different areas with different text so for e:g in the snowy part it could say like alpine hills
image_2022-08-13_184441287.png

coyotecraft

Mythographer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can change the map name and reopen the display with these script calls.
JavaScript:
$dataMap.displayName = "New Name"
SceneManager._scene._mapNameWindow.open()

I think what you'll want to do, if you haven't already, is open the "R" tab in the map editor and fill in the regions with a specific Region ID. For example, the snowy areas might be Region 1.

Then you'll want to create a Parallel Process Event on this world map, that'll call a common event whenever the player steps onto a new region.
For the conditional branch, you can use this script line
$gameVariables.value(1) != $gameMap.regionId($gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.y)
I'm using Variable 1 to store the region Id the player is standing on, but you can make that whatever you want. So when the player moves to a new region Id it's going to call the common event.

For the common event
The first command should be [Get Location Info] which will assign the player's new region ID to Variable 1.
Everything under that will be a series of conditional branches for when Variable 1 is a certain Id number.
Like, when Variable 1 (The stored Region ID) == 1
Maybe you'll change the weather effect, change the screen tone, and use the script lines I mention above to change/open the map display name.

So in game, when the player walks into the snow area it will trigger the common event which performs the map changes specific to the region id.

7VF85PE.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba