How to have only 1 character in main menu, but more party members in-game?

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way that you can permanently hide all player characters except your main one in main menu, while still retaining the capacity to have party followers in-game?

My game follows a single character, with the exception of a couple of parts when they get a pet follower. So while I want the pet to follow them around, and maybe event have some default battling skills, I don't want them to be any more complex than that (no equipping, no extra learnable skills). Ideally I could just not have them visible/selectable in the main menu.

And (possibly a pipe-dream) remove the actor select functionality altogether, so that when you select equip or skill it opens directly into the main actors stage, rather than having to 'select' the only actor there.

Is any of this possible at all?

Thanks! :kaohi:

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes it is possible, but you'll need to modify the main menu's code. If you don't know how, then you should make a javascript request.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes it is possible, but you'll need to modify the main menu's code. If you don't know how, then you should make a javascript request.
Ah ok. Thanks, I will.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In case anyone has a similar issue, I solved part of the issue using http://himeworks.com/2016/03/guest-followers/, which allows you to add a party member as a guest, without having all their stats etc in the menu.

Still hoping I'll find a solution to remove the actor selection in main menu, but worst case scenario this is an ok solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I never realized how much fun destroying scenery by ramming it would be, or how much I keep think "I'm the Juggernaut!" when I do. :LZSexcite:
finally i have some free time
Well, the Danganronpa games are the biggest disappointment I've had playing mystery games. I've never had so much BS shoveled down my throat. They're an insult to intelligence.
OMG! There's a rat themed Steam profile wallpaper for 5k lunar tokens. I want it so badly!
Huh, lots has changed since I've been away...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpurdy3