How to have Player Character Spawn an Event that Changes Encounter and the Event stays on that Map?

EmmaWatson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
British
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I have a specific thing I'm trying to event and I feel like I am very close but I am falling on the logistics part, so I would love help if possible.

The Plan
In my game, there is a Statue that the Player obtains, and they can place it wherever they are standing. This statue turns on a switch that makes it so that

-encounters are disabled
-a switch is turned on so that some dialogue is changed.

If the player leaves the map, the effects of the statue are not there anymore and Encounters are back, along with the switch turning off.

If the player comes back to that map, they will find that the statue is still there, and the effects of the statue being placed there are still in effect. This statue can be dropped anywhere and you only get one of them. You can take back the statue and it will be in your Items again.

statue_event.png

What I have so far:
1659984416580.png
1659984407040.png

Here is what I have evented on the object itself:
1659984464860.png
But yes, I am willing to scrap for whatever is best to do -- I feel like the solution might be more simple than I think but oh well. Thank you to whoever can help with this!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are two different ways to get this, and they have different disadvantages,
so the final choice is yours:

1) create a specific event on every map for exactly that. You'll need that event on every map and depending how you go at it there can be additional requirements.

2) use a clone event plugin to create a clone of the correct when and where needed.
this will make the event itself simpler but you'll have to install the plugin and a lot depends on the commands given by the specific clone plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!
Well, with one problem (the hurricane) over with, we now have another problem. My dad and stepmom both tested positive for COVID-19 and I'm unable to visit them anytime soon. Meanwhile, I've just posted a new video on my YouTube.
I am back...from the land of the dead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wixkedbruixes