How to have two boats on one map?

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by PhoenixX92, Nov 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PhoenixX92

PhoenixX92 The Light Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How do I go about putting a boat down in two areas on the same map?

I have two closed in bodies of water, and I'd like to be able to have a different one in each place.

Duplicate Boat.jpg

Just an example picture there, the bodies of water would be completely separated from the deep waters, so the same boat nor the ship can access the second body of shallow water.

How do I go about getting the boat in two places without having to use an event to move it out of the first body of water, and make it spawn in a second one?

There seems to be no option to add a second boat, so I'm clueless on how to go forwards with this.

2. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    You don't need a script for that.

You can change either the ship/boat graphic via eventing only.

So simply put a ship and a boat and change the ship's picture to boat.

You can change the position of the vehicles via eventing too. So you can easily set up the ship (changing the graphic back) else where when you need it.

edit:

if you need to make the ship works 100% like the boat, you will need a small script edit.

that is, only if you agree to use ship as boat. i can do a quick script for you to interchange boat and script passage check if you want, even make it switch-able using a game switch.

edit again:

Done. Set the switch ID in the script and turn it on/off in the game. On = Boat, Off = Ship

Code:
    #==============================================================================# ■ Meow Face Ship to Boat#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Change Ship passage to Boat based on a Switch#==============================================================================module MEOWSHIP #DO NOT REMOVE!#==============================================================================# Settings Area#==============================================================================  SWITCH = 1 #Switch ID for changing ship to boat (on for boat/ off for ship)#==============================================================================# End of Settings Area# Edit anything past this line at your own risk!#==============================================================================endclass Game_Map  def ship_passable?(x, y)    if $game_switches[MEOWSHIP::SWITCH]      check_passage(x, y, 0x0200)    else      check_passage(x, y, 0x0400)    end  endend

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  3. PhoenixX92

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now see, that's the issue... I actually need both the ship and the boat.The ship for deep waters that go from continent to continent, and the boats simply to traverse shallow waters that are enclosed in other continents.

I mean, I guess I could surround the bodies of water with events that call the boat to a dock on the map if there's no other way around it other than using a script.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  4. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    The script is done in the edited post above, it should allow you to use the ship as boat and change it back to ship easily using a switch to change its passage.

PhoenixX92 likes this.
  5. PhoenixX92

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you.

6. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish