SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At certain 'checkpoints' adding in party members mentioning they need to make sure they are prepared for what's coming. Or party members asking if the player is okay. Before a big boss battle add in some extra healing items to nudge the player mayhaps. Moreover, there are notification plugins, and unless it's too annoying, you could use such a thing at those 'checkpoints' to remind the player in some way. May be too coddling if you straight up say 'don't forget to save' so maybe something less direct but obvious?

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Old timer: Y'all are going after the big bad badass dragon, aren't you?
Leader: Yeap, that's our plan!
Old timer: I'm already so but so sorry for you, guys.

I hope that helps you a bit. :D

EDIT
I gotta admit I hate games where I can't save pretty much anywhere. Panic takes the best of my gamer side. :(

Last edited:

rekkatsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I shouldn't give "free to save", save is disabled (unless it's in a safe place like city, town etc) and I prefer to give checkpoints in some places. When I play an RPG game with disabled save, I often think where I can save my game.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"Hey, you! You might want to Save!" :p

Actually, you can generally achieve this immersively by simply placing a Save Point on the map once in a while (once or twice a dungeon), as well as before any big fight you expect your player to possibly lose, and after any big, mostly non-interactive plot sequence that doesn't require a fight as well. The Save Point can, but doesn't have to, do anything that a regular "save anywhere" Save can't do. The point is that the player sees the save point, thinks "oh, I should use that", and doesn't forget to save for hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I guess if you're just going solo dev, minimize features is better choice.
As close as possible, now I draw all of them with little by little needle sticking.
Welp, back to the drawing board...
Ami
--- Overused ---

Hero: (Drink 3 HP Bottle L)
F.Healer: Don't drink too much,or you got sick!
Hero: Nah,i'm okay. it's the way to repleni---
(Hero Collapse)
Hero: (Weak) Ugh...my head (Coughing Then Vomiting)
F.Healer: I told you to don't Drink 3 HP Bottle L or you're Sick. Let's go to Doctor.
Shaking off the dust. Clearing the cobwebs. Time to get back to gam-mak!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matkacharts