How to hide decimal numbers and remove party member shadow?

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Er, I'm not good at explaining so I'll try to do it as best as I can.

1st problem

Basically, during a battle in my game, I tried to remove a party member, and then add in another party member that does a certain skill and then fights against the enemy with you. When I add them, it does work, but there are decimals on the actor's stats when battling as soon as I add them in the party and they're ready to battle.

So I was wondering, is there some kind of script call that I can do in order to remove the decimals from the actor?

2nd problem

I'm using the Prexus Ace Character Shadow script along with the Enu Sideview Battle System script, and I was wondering if I could remove the 2nd party member's shadow, besides the leader of the party in battle when fighting the enemy?

(You can find the script here btw)

http://rpgmaker.net/scripts/193/

Thanks in advance.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1st problem ... I'd be more inclined to find out WHY there are decimals on your actor's stats when battling, rather than getting rid of them.  What "stats" exactly, and where/how are they shown?  Are you using a script to display them?  Are you using a script to modify them?

Do any of your damage calculations use floats during the calculation and don't change them back to ints at the end?

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1st problem ... I'd be more inclined to find out WHY there are decimals on your actor's stats when battling, rather than getting rid of them.  What "stats" exactly, and where/how are they shown?  Are you using a script to display them?  Are you using a script to modify them?

Do any of your damage calculations use floats during the calculation and don't change them back to ints at the end?
By stats I mean... well this.

And no, they don't use floats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's so small, and dark - I can't read it.  What are they - HP?  MP?  Level? 

I don't see any decimals.  Maybe that's just because it's so hard to read.  Can you explain what they all are and what the values are for each?

Oh wait - I just zoomed in, and I think I do see decimals in the lower right corner.

You're obviously using a custom HUD.  Where's the script?  What values are being shown there, and what do you have, apart from the RTP stuff, that changes those values?  I'm betting you've got some custom formulae in there that convert things to floats for the sake of more accurate results, and then don't convert them back to int before updating.  Whether that's in your damage formulae or in a script remains to be seen.

It may be that you'll need to keep a check of the values, and the moment you see a decimal there, try and remember what's happened to that character since the last time you saw this screen and it was okay.

Do these issues also show up in the menu / status screens?

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Then it's computing something that ends up as a float... Last time I encountered this was when I made a state that recovers %HP using a custom script which resulted to floats. For a fix, you could simply find the part where it draws the values into the HUD and put a .to_i so that it becomes an integer.

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for late replies.

That's so small, and dark - I can't read it.  What are they - HP?  MP?  Level? 

I don't see any decimals.  Maybe that's just because it's so hard to read.  Can you explain what they all are and what the values are for each?

Oh wait - I just zoomed in, and I think I do see decimals in the lower right corner.

You're obviously using a custom HUD.  Where's the script?  What values are being shown there, and what do you have, apart from the RTP stuff, that changes those values?  I'm betting you've got some custom formulae in there that convert things to floats for the sake of more accurate results, and then don't convert them back to int before updating.  Whether that's in your damage formulae or in a script remains to be seen.

It may be that you'll need to keep a check of the values, and the moment you see a decimal there, try and remember what's happened to that character since the last time you saw this screen and it was okay.

Do these issues also show up in the menu / status screens?
I'm using the demonstration script of the Luna Engine Battle System. I don't have any custom formula that converts things into floats. And no, those issues do not show up in the menu or the status screens. Only in battle.

Then it's computing something that ends up as a float... Last time I encountered this was when I made a state that recovers %HP using a custom script which resulted to floats. For a fix, you could simply find the part where it draws the values into the HUD and put a .to_i so that it becomes an integer.
What do you mean by 'drawing the values into the HUD'? I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the Luna Engine Battle System (the demonstration version) so if you've ever used that script, would you mind showing me?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you could also just opt to modify the params method so that it returns an integer always via using .to_i on the return value

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaton