How to hide/delete parameters

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Rabbitheart, Apr 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rabbitheart

Rabbitheart Villager Member

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I need a little help. I don't need special defence or luck in my game, and I want to disable or hide them. I don't want them to show in status menu, in equip menu or in any else menu. Is there some way to do it?

For now I'm using DreamX's Show Parameters. (Link) It works. However, it needs Yanfly's plugins, mainly StatusMenuCore and EquipCore. I'm using other Yanfly's plugins so that's not a big problem. However, I have no use for those two plugins expect for this reason and I prefer the RPGMaker's own status menu, so I feel there should be some other way. Is there?

2. Silva

Silva Scoobityboo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually deleting the parameters is likely to cause issues with a lot of the engines original code, but hiding them from your menus is manageable. I've knocked together a quick plugin that will hide the parameters from the status menu and the equip menu. You can download it here.

Rabbitheart likes this.
  3. Rabbitheart

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, thank you!

Unfortunately, it looks like there's something wrong. If I choose that MDef is hidden, it will hide luck. If I choose that it hides luck, i doesn't do anything. If I hide everything, it still shows attack and defence. I made a new game file and tested it without any other plugins, and it still does this.

Silva likes this.
  4. Silva

Silva Scoobityboo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is what happens when you code quickly! My loops and the engine's loops had different starting points so they were out by 2 positions, hence Mdf (5) was hiding Luk (7), and Luk was trying to hide 9 which is nothing.

Plugin has been updated to fix this, just download using the same link. Any other issues give me a shout. :)

Rabbitheart likes this.
  5. Rabbitheart

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It works now. Thank you so much!

Silva likes this.