How to hide skill name in battle log?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys. I've been stuck on this for a while. I've searched but nothing quite does it. I've posted on reddit and was recommended to post here, as I'm probably looking to edit some script rather than through a plugin...

I want to hide the name of skills being used, in the battle log...

Post image
BUT, unlike the results of all my searching, I DO want to show the message text from the Database:

Post image
I am using YEP Battle Engine Core but can't find a setting for this. Seems the only edits I make in the JS code from googling just hide the whole battle log. But I just want to hide the skill name...

I have been told this could be achieved by installing Yanfly's Action Sequences plugin and then putting a notetag in each skill to remove the name of the skill from appearing. This seems like a ***bersome way to do it (I don't like bloating through too many plugins, nor having to edit ALL the skills in my game). I'd much rather just remove the code from the JS that displays the attack text.
Any ideas?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are two different things to consider here, and unfortunately you cut away too much of your screenshots to even guess.

The first point is that the attack and guard buttons used to give the commands are NOT from the skills, they are hardcoded. You could remove their labels by renaming them to nothing in the terms tab of the database.
That should not cause problems elsewhere.

However that does not count for the skill types and the skill names themselves. Those are used in multiple places and removing their names from the database will make the menu screens outside battle problematic.
If you want to remove their names as well, then you'll have to use a plugin.
And that would probably best as a requested custom plugin as doing that with general plugins like the action sequences would be tedious.
And a custom plugin would have to be requested with more details.

If you want more specific help, then please either give full screenshots or describe where exactly you want that text to vanish as that is neither the default battlelog nor the default command display, and plugins not only change the way things are displayed but also how to handle those changes.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm probably looking to edit some script rather than through a plugin
Plugins are just scripts, and are better than "editing some script", because if there is an update to the engine and you take it, and update your project, you have to remember all the "scripts you edited" and redo them, but if it's a plugin you probably won't need to make any changes at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.
Got myself card game plugin, its bit laggy but worth it
Finally made battler stuff for my last character...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igoyes