How to implement both Yanfly+ChronoEngineABS

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by LexnNitro, Dec 22, 2018.

1. LexnNitro

LexnNitro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Murica
    TL;DR How do I order the plugins from Yanfly and Chrono to avoid conflicts as much as possible.

CLARIFICATION: I am not using Yanflys battle engine nor am I using any battle processing. All 'combat' is done via the ABS system. I am using Yanflys Plugins (maybe I shouldnt say engine) for other non-battle functions. ItemSynethesis, eventtimer, eventspawner, etc etc etc.

So I'm working on a project and ChonoEngine ABS is the so far the best ABS base system to work with I have found. I'm really happy with it overall but there are more features that I need and I think most of them can be addressed via Yanfly's Engine.

So I've already started making the game in Chrono with ABS on, now I want to start adding in Yanflys plugins, one by one if necessary. What is the general order things need to go in? Has anyone done this and discovered some key ordering that matters?

Thanks in advance. Working on this today so asap replies greatly appreciated.

Side question: My game has a theme park mechanic, where visitors (npcs) go from stall to stall and spend money. I've figured out how to trigger it when they stand in front of the stall to pay and then leave. But aside from move routing the entire park, is there an easier plugin/script/way to make them mill about and then go to certain waypoints?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Considering the ABS rewrites the entire engine, odds are those two are just going to be not compatible for the most part, especially battle plug-ins. You may have to write a patch to get full functionality of both plug-ins.

I've moved this thread to Plug-In support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. LexnNitro

LexnNitro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Murica
    Thanks I was looking for plugin support.

Since im basing the game off ABS I dont need Yanfly battle plug ins, its the other plugins like event copier/spawner etc I need.

4. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There's no hard and fast rule regarding compatibility between plugins. If you're unable to read code, then you have to use the strategy of trying one thing at a time.

If you add plugins one at a time, you can pinpoint exactly if (when) something breaks. If you add a bunch at a time, you'll be lost and unable to identify the cause of any bugs. You have to methodically and deliberately test any feature that you add via plugin.

This sounds like a different question, I think you should make a new thread for it

5. Fornoreason1000

Fornoreason1000 Black Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if you are using Yep for everything except battle, then you porbably want to put his battle engine BELOW some of the Yanfly Stuff, this ensures the Yanfly isn't overwriting Chrono's Battle Engine and if the plugin is coded to allow changes in item and actor params , map events , the stuff added by Yanfly should not affect it.

if Chrono ABS is breaking any of the Yanfly plugins you'll basically have no choice but to remove them.

the thing is they aren't designed to be compatible with each other at all. it hangs on how this Chrono ABS system is coded. for example, Yanfly's Call event brings back an old feature that allows you to run events from another map, a feature you may require.
    this requires loading that map behinds the scenes (events are stored in Map data). let's say the ABS system may have some sort of Initialization(it probably doesn't but who know i haven't looked at it) it does whenever you load maps, if this happens the game will start bugging out and you have the battle system thinking its on a another map. everything will run smoothly until that happens. which can mean using Call event multiply times with no issue (because the events being called are eon the same map!). then one wrong call could just crash the game.

its trial and error and pretty much anything can go wrong here. As Aloe Guvner suggest, id start from the top of Yanfly's list and add them in one by one. if any of the Yanfly plugins break as a result of Chrono ABS remove them. remember Chrono ABS is the one plugin you want to persist

LexnNitro likes this.
  6. FiercestPixel

FiercestPixel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can confirm, Chrono ABS hates a lot of yanfly's plugins... Just recently, ive discovered Yanfly's SelfSwitchVariable plugin wrecks the Chrono's character change states. It's sad deleting Yanfly's plugins bbbut hey, it's a freaking ABS. I'd even give up my treasured MoveRouteCore if i had to :p