How to implement every possible Yanfly Tips & Tricks effect in MZ with VisuStella plugins

RisenAngel

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure Critical Vulnerability works right. The original T&T was about how to make any attack made against the battler inflicted with the state be a critical hit, but that notetag looks like it's supposed to make any attack made by the battler a critical hit instead.

When I tried testing it out in the sample project, it didn't seem to do anything at all.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure Critical Vulnerability works right. The original T&T was about how to make any attack made against the battler inflicted with the state be a critical hit, but that notetag looks like it's supposed to make any attack made by the battler a critical hit instead.

When I tried testing it out in the sample project, it didn't seem to do anything at all.
I may have overlooked something, I'll check it in the morning.

darklugia1997

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Edit: I commented the same thing from RisenAngel, but only later I saw his comment, sorry, but I have the same doubt as him about critical vulnerability

Last edited:

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone know what happened to the yanfly.moe wiki website? It's been down for at least 3 days and I'm trying to get on there so I can compare and get more information on the Tips and Tricks that have been recently put out. Thanks.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, I think I originally misunderstood what Critical Vulnerability was for. Adapting the original functionality will take a bit.

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel bad bringing these up, but uh, two things.

I do really appreciate the addition of Stockpile as a potential solution for stacking state-based buff/debuffs. Unfortunately, it's not actually stacking the buff for me beyond the first application.

I used your Stockpile code exactly as you have it. I tested this with an Attack Buff state set to * 200% and used it an enemy with 10 ATK, which Libra then shows it has grown to 20 ATK as expected. However, subsequent applications of the state keeps the ATK at 20 (should be 40) even though the state counter goes up.

The second thing, I'm also having difficulty with Gravity.

Gravity will work as intended when used on any enemy, in consistently inflicting dmg equal to half of their current HP. However it also does this against a boss with the Boss category. I've checked to make sure that the boss has the passive state (even assigned the Boss state an icon to be certain of) and made sure that the name of the category is identical between the formula, state, and boss it is applied to. Yet it keeps halving the boss's HP even still.

I tried remaking the skill with notetags to see if that would make any difference. I got the halving effect to work with notetags, but unfortunately it still affects bosses the same.
Code:
<JS Pre-Damage>
if (target.hasStateCategory('boss')) {
value = a.mat * 6;
} else {
value = b.hp * 0.5;
}
</JS Pre-Damage>

I don't know what could be the issue with both of these.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I do really appreciate the addition of Stockpile as a potential solution for stacking state-based buff/debuffs. Unfortunately, it's not actually stacking the buff for me beyond the first application.

I used your Stockpile code exactly as you have it. I tested this with an Attack Buff state set to * 200% and used it an enemy with 10 ATK, which Libra then shows it has grown to 20 ATK as expected. However, subsequent applications of the state keeps the ATK at 20 (should be 40) even though the state counter goes up.

Gravity will work as intended when used on any enemy, in consistently inflicting dmg equal to half of their current HP. However it also does this against a boss with the Boss category. I've checked to make sure that the boss has the passive state (even assigned the Boss state an icon to be certain of) and made sure that the name of the category is identical between the formula, state, and boss it is applied to. Yet it keeps halving the boss's HP even still.

I tried remaking the skill with notetags to see if that would make any difference. I got the halving effect to work with notetags, but unfortunately it still affects bosses the same.
Code:
<JS Pre-Damage>
value = a.mat * 6;
} else {
value = b.hp * 0.5;
}
</JS Pre-Damage>

EDIT: Nevermind. Sorry.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Code:
<JS Pre-Damage>
value = a.mat * 6;
} else {
value = b.hp * 0.5;
}
</JS Pre-Damage>

I'll pick this up with you on Discord.

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice work!

Though I was wondering for applying the Aura (such as Trueshot Aura) is there a way to apply it to battle members only, instead of all party members?

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cagnazzo's Tsunami (state)
JavaScript:
<JS On Add State>
user.clearActions();
let text = '<CENTER>' + user.name() + ' will unleash \\c[4]Tsunami\\c[0] in 3 turns.';
SceneManager._scene._logWindow._lines.push(text);
text = '<CENTER>Attack ' + user.name() + ' with \\c[6]Lightning\\c[0] to cancel it!';
SceneManager._scene._logWindow.refresh();
</JS On Add State>

Hi Trihan, do you know is there a way to let the text in logWindow be waiting for sometime? Now it is too fast to see it. I try to use SceneManager._scene._logWindow.addText(text), but it still can not be control the wait time.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cagnazzo's Tsunami (state)
JavaScript:
<JS On Add State>
user.clearActions();
let text = '<CENTER>' + user.name() + ' will unleash \\c[4]Tsunami\\c[0] in 3 turns.';
text = '<CENTER>Attack ' + user.name() + ' with \\c[6]Lightning\\c[0] to cancel it!';
SceneManager._scene._logWindow.refresh();
</JS On Add State>

Hi Trihan, do you know is there a way to let the text in logWindow be waiting for sometime? Now it is too fast to see it. I try to use SceneManager._scene._logWindow.addText(text), but it still can not be control the wait time.
Is this it?
BLogWait.png

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice work!

Though I was wondering for applying the Aura (such as Trueshot Aura) is there a way to apply it to battle members only, instead of all party members?
If the skill that applies the aura is only usable in battle, what would the difference be?

Dwain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What a fantastic resource! Do you have any plans to release a sample project containing these, either paid or otherwise? Just asking! :)

Latest Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetme