How to implement every possible Yanfly Tips & Tricks effect in MZ with VisuStella plugins

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to make Mana Burn work with TP rather than MP?
Just change the letter in all places in the formula. The only difference is there's no such thing as "mtp," it's just 100.

EllTipprro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great thread, very helpful!
I'd be curious if its possible for the explosion part of overheat to only damage living enemies.
I managed to get it work so it only target troop members, but the damage still pop up even for dead memebers.

NVM solved it.

Last edited:

EllTipprro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, I cant write code so Im 110% sure that there is more than needed but I changed it look like this:

<JS Post-Damage As Target>
if (target.hp <= 0) {
const damage = target.mhp * 0.2;
$gameTemp.requestAnimation([target], 107);
const fireElementId = 12;
const members = $gameTroop.members();
for (let i = 0; i < members.length; ++i) {
const member = members;
if (member) {
if (member.getAbsorbedElements().includes(fireElementId)) {
member.gainHp(damage * member.elementRate(fireElementId));
} else {
if (member.hp > 0) {
member.gainHp(-damage * member.elementRate(fireElementId));
}
}
member.startDamagePopup();
}
}
target.setHp(0);
target.removeImmortal();
}
</JS Post-Damage As Target>

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Using Wit's End and Enflame T&T to try and combine them for some elemental on-hit damage.
The Wit's End code has this little bit of code here:

const color = [0, 255, 255, 64];
const duration = 8;
$gameScreen.startFlash(color, duration);

And I'm wondering if it's possible to alter this to change the popup damage color instead of making the screen flash a color?

Code:
<JS Pre-Damage As User>
  if (this.isAttack()) {
    let turns = user.buffTurns(5);
    turns = Math.max(3, turns);
    user.addBuff(5, turns);
    let tTurns = target.buffTurns(5);
    tTurns = Math.max(3, turns);
    target.addDebuff(5, turns);
    let damage = (user.mat - target.mdf) * 0.4;
    damage = Math.ceil(damage);
    value += Math.max(0, damage);
    const color = [0, 255, 255, 64];
    const duration = 8;
    $gameScreen.startFlash(color, duration);
  }
</JS Pre-Damage As User>

Code:
<JS Post-Damage As User>
  if (this.isHpEffect() && this.isAttack() && this.isPhysical()) {
    target.startDamagePopup();
    const elementId = 2;
    const baseDamage = 20;
    const damage = Math.ceil(target.elementRate(elementId) * baseDamage);
    $gameTemp.requestAnimation([target], 66);
    target.gainHp(-damage);
    target.startDamagePopup();
  }
</JS Post-Damage As User>

cowcaine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello, so i want to make a skill where there is a state that adds party member's atk that is based on the caster atk
1663926220634.png
so i use this on the state notetag, and what happened is it adds the atk based on each party member atk and not the caster. could you help me with this thanks :D

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible that the 1.5 upgrade changed something of significance for the Actor's Transformation coding? I simply cannot get it to work as is. I know that in a couple of places the upgrade removed the underscore, for example before _tileWidth and _tileHeight. Maybe there are other places that this happened?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible that the 1.5 upgrade changed something of significance for the Actor's Transformation coding? I simply cannot get it to work as is. I know that in a couple of places the upgrade removed the underscore, for example before _tileWidth and _tileHeight. Maybe there are other places that this happened?
What do you mean? I'm looking back to version 1.0 of the corescripts and it's always been a function, tileWidth() with no underscore.

As for the transformation bit, it probably makes the most sense to make a new thread with screenshots of what you have and descriptions of what happens when you use it.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ATT_Turan The removal of the underscore came up in relation to fixing a problem with a plugin that the 1.5 upgrade broke. It's detailed in this post.

Probably you're right, this might need its own thread.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The removal of the underscore came up in relation to fixing a problem with a plugin that the 1.5 upgrade broke.
That's weird, because there are those few places in the changelog where they were accessing a member variable (_tileHeight) and the rest of the code was using a method (tileHeight()) which wasn't looking at that variable, just returning 48. Looks like someone made a mistake in terms of consistency and they found and fixed it.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
----
Primarily Uses
N/A
When an enemy engages their target (when they move up to them) how do I delay or increase the amount of time they are at their destination? This is not for an Action Sequence. This is something specific I need to do while they are performing an action( in this case a physical attack)?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When an enemy engages their target (when they move up to them) how do I delay or increase the amount of time they are at their destination? This is not for an Action Sequence.
This doesn't seem to have to do with any of Yanfly's Tips & Tricks :wink:

Also, you say it's not for an Action Sequence, but enemies don't move up to targets without an action sequence. So that part is a bit confusing.

Regardless, my suggestion would be to make it be an Action Sequence, then you can insert any amount of wait time anyplace you like. The alternative is root around in the code and try to add interpreter wait commands, but I wouldn't suggest that, particularly when it's a bit unclear what your circumstances are.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
----
Primarily Uses
N/A
This doesn't seem to have to do with any of Yanfly's Tips & Tricks :wink:

Also, you say it's not for an Action Sequence, but enemies don't move up to targets without an action sequence. So that part is a bit confusing.

Regardless, my suggestion would be to make it be an Action Sequence, then you can insert any amount of wait time anyplace you like. The alternative is root around in the code and try to add interpreter wait commands, but I wouldn't suggest that, particularly when it's a bit unclear what your circumstances are.
I had thought this was the wrong thread but just passed out after I posted it lol.

If you ever played Suikoden (any of them because the counter system remained mostly unchanged for all 5 games), then you know that an attacker can evade AND THEN counter the target right there and the target will not return to their 'home position' until the evade animation, or the counter attack(if it occurs) has finished.

In in the battle core(in vanilla, I think counter attacks "just happen"), this is somewhat inconsistent. Sometimes when you counter, the attacker has not begun to return to thier home position yet and sometimes the counter occurs during their return, and finally it also can occur after they've returned to their home position.

Im trying to modify the behavior to be similar to Suikoden's and make it where they don't return to their home position until the counter attack is finished.

Im still fairly new to the operations of visustella (and to that extent, yanfly anything) and having poked my head in the core files so much before installing battlecore, I didn't think enemy movement for their attacks were actually controlled by an action sequence under the hood.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay...a few things here.

Im still fairly new to the operations of visustella (and to that extent, yanfly anything) and having poked my head in the core files so much before installing battlecore, I didn't think enemy movement for their attacks were actually controlled by an action sequence under the hood.
I'm not sure what you mean by "under the hood," but it's important to know what RPG Maker does and what your plugins are doing.

If you make a new project in MZ and fire up a battle, by default, enemies do not move. They sit in place and flash when they make an attack. All movement that you might be seeing is added by the default action sequence that's in the plugin parameters for the Battle Core.

Sometimes when you counter, the attacker has not begun to return to thier home position yet and sometimes the counter occurs during their return, and finally it also can occur after they've returned to their home position.

Im trying to modify the behavior to be similar to Suikoden's and make it where they don't return to their home position until the counter attack is finished.
The reason what you're seeing doesn't match up to your expectations is because when you counter an attack, the original attack doesn't happen. It's not like Suikoden where you swing, they dodge, then counter.

So this has a funky effect with the above-mentioned action sequence, because the enemy moves to their target, the attack is determined to be a counter instead, and they skip that portion and go to the return home. I can't say exactly why you would see it at different times, but that's the root of it.

You should be able to insert a Wait command into the action sequence before the move home (perform finish? I dunno what it's called in VS), and that might help.

You can also check whether Yanfly's Counter Control works via FOSSIL - that has an option to make counter attacks show an evade before the counter attack. Even if the plugin works, I'm not sure how it might interact with VS action sequences.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
----
Primarily Uses
N/A
Apparently my English has gotten so bad that I can't explain things coherently anymore.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Arctica <finish action> is an integral part of action sequences if you're not doing it using plugin commands. That is what I believe ATT_Turan is referring to, not a performxxx method. As he said, he was unsure of the VS terminology.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
----
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nevermind.

Last edited:

RPGlivant

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having problems with the Cleric Stance T&T. If I already have the state it removes it successfully if I use the skill again (get the - Cleric Stance popup) but then it immediately reapplied it with the same amount of turns remaining.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having problems with the Cleric Stance T&T.
You should include a screenshot of your skill. Trihan's code looks correct, so I'm not sure how you'd be getting that result - do you also have the Add State on the skill as an Effect?

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Astounding and fantastic work here. Very grateful for the time you've taken to make these work.

A tiny teeny suggestion: Spoiler tags would make it easier to read the post ^_^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/
Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silverbell