Raths Rants

Lord Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I want to port my MV project to MV and then of course fix whatever needs to be fixed.

I am unsure of how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I am not using any plugins with my MV project, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RPG%20Maker%20MZ/help-en/index.html#t=01_01_01_02.html&rhsearch=convert&rhhlterm=convert%20converting%20converted

Check this part of the documentation out, it should explain how.

jjraymonds

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RPG%20Maker%20MZ/help-en/index.html#t=01_01_01_02.html&rhsearch=convert&rhhlterm=convert%20converting%20converted

I haven't bought MZ yet, anyway that I can view this without having to buy MZ?

ZainWD

i sing for u
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1597989721517.png
The important parts of the rest of it say to just copy the data folder from MV to MZ, which is surprisingly simple. Image asset standards are the same as MV as well, so you won't have to really adjust those. Though there's a few things to keep in mind
  • Don't being animations.json over to MZ as MZ uses particles, just use the RTP one from MZ
  • If you're transferring image assets, then when transferring over the system folder don't transfer ButtonSet.png, Damage.png, Loading.png, or MadeWithMv.png
  • The fonts folder only needs the font files and not gamefont.css, because fonts are now configured in the database.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can view the help file even if you're using the trial version.

agsteiner

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Thanks! That was easy! For my (fairly trivial, no custom JS code, no plugins) games this worked 100% perfect. All maps, events are fine.

The only thing I haven't got was that I can remove the "made with MV". I did (okay, I did after running the game) and got an internal error because the asset is not there...

jjraymonds

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! That was easy! For my (fairly trivial, no custom JS code, no plugins) games this worked 100% perfect. All maps, events are fine.

The only thing I haven't got was that I can remove the "made with MV". I did (okay, I did after running the game) and got an internal error because the asset is not there...
I don't know exactly what is causing your issue, but I ran into some issues when I tried migrating my project over to the MZ trial. I migrated some things I shouldn't have

What I did was just straight up create a new MZ project again... and then made sure migrate everything correctly- and then it seemed to work.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you copy over the Made with MV plugin? That's the only thing that should be referencing that image. If you don't copy the plugin, you shouldn't have that error. You could also just replace the image with your own splash screen and not really care much about what it's called.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is wonderful! I have a dedicated Maps file and an Events template so not having to redo all of that is super nice. :stickytongue:

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How its possible to convert all custom plugins from MV to MZ ?

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MOG? Yanfly?
Yanfly is working with Visustella to release MZ plugins. I cant link on my phone but just google Visustella MZ plugins. For Moghunter, I heard some rumors he will convert his plugins, but I dont know yet.

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It's worth noting that some MV plugins, especially plugins that DO NOT draw windows, work in MZ. The simpler the better, but sometimes it's worth a try.

moenimael

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is it possible to import a game from MZ to MV or VX

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is it possible to import a game from MZ to MV or VX
no
each engine added functionality that did not exist previously.
so it is sometimes possible to load the lower capacity project into a newer engine (sometimes with a lot of problems depending from where), but it is absolutely impossble to go backwards.

the program would have to erase data that is in the later projects, and that would make things unusable - for example the MZ has three layers manual mapping, VX has two layers automated mapping. Nor only would one map layer be completely missing (resulting in a lot of tiles missing), the existing layers would also be jumbled because they might contain the wrong tiles...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostPunishR