The_Creator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I'm trying to import a locker image in png format that only has two images, one close and one opened. Put it in the character folder so it shows up when i create an event. I want the character to be able to interact, open and close it.
Right now i can see the locker in the character list but when i select it, it seems the size or the format or something is wrong because the tile seems really small.

Could you please me give me some tips on how to import and animate sprites please?

Thanks!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Add a $ to the beginning of the file name.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The dimensions have to be specific, this tutorial will explain it :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The_Creator
Please note that you're trying to import a sprite, not a tile, even if you're using that sprite as a maptile.

Every resource in the maker has to follow specific rules to be usable, and the rules for tilesheets are different than the rules for spritesheets. Mixing those names and rules will only result in confusion.

For spritesheets, the most important rule is that a sprite always has to have the required number of cells, with each cell of the same size - and that is 3x4 cells for a single sprite. You have 1x2 cells (the two locker versions) instead. You need to copy the locker multiple times to get it to 3x4 cells of the same size.
horizontal cells are the animation sequence - they should be either identical or as a blinking animation or so.
vertical cells are the four directions - you only need two, and you can change between them to show open or close.
Check the sprites for doors in comparison and you'll get an idea how to use them.

Additionally, your sprites have the problem that the open and close variant have different width. sprites are always centered bottom, so you need to make the same space on both sides of the locker or it will not display correctly.

The_Creator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I forgot to update, that was super useful, thanks both of you. You can close the thread now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.
Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!
Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"
Alexa, play Buck-Tick - Dress

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niickpv90