ZoeZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've searched in the forums, but couldn't find any thread about it.

I'd like to improve an actor's healing skills' effectiveness (not only on itself, but also on others) without affecting its damage or any other stats and without having to rely on states. Is that possible?

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's something i've thought of,so if Variable 12 is higher than 0 use actor magic and add Variable 12 as a multiplier to it.
If you want to use numbers such as 1.5,1.6 then go to the Script section of the variable and put the number there.
How you could manipulate this is give your healer a skill with a common event and adjust the variable there,just an idea.
If this didn't help then would a passive skill be good?
Don't forget to replace number 12 of my variable with whatever variable you may want.

<damage formula>

if ($gameVariables.value(12) > 0) {

value = a.mat*1.5*$gameVariables.value(12);

} else {

value = a.mat*1.5;

}

</damage formula>

ZoeZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's something i've thought of,so if Variable 12 is higher than 0 use actor magic and add Variable 12 as a multiplier to it.
If you want to use numbers such as 1.5,1.6 then go to the Script section of the variable and put the number there.
How you could manipulate this is give your healer a skill with a common event and adjust the variable there,just an idea.
If this didn't help then would a passive skill be good?
Don't forget to replace number 12 of my variable with whatever variable you may want.

<damage formula>

if ($gameVariables.value(12) > 0) {

value = a.mat*1.5*$gameVariables.value(12);

} else {

value = a.mat*1.5;

}

</damage formula>

Hey, thank you very much! Where exactly do I add this code?

also, is it possible to add this effect on equipment/weapons for example?

Last edited:

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, thank you very much! Where exactly do I add this code?

also, is it possible to add this effect on equipment/weapons for example?
You add it on a skill's notetag aka the big box on bottom right corner.
To check for weapons/armors: [Replace 40 with the weapon ID] and also adjust formula if you need to do so.

<damage formula>

if (a.hasWeapon($dataWeapons[40])) {

value = a.atk*5 - b.def;

} else {

value = a.atk*1.7 - b.def;

}

</damage formula>

<damage formula>

if (a.hasArmor($dataArmors[40])) {

value = a.atk*5 - b.def;

} else {

value = a.atk*1.7 - b.def;

}

</damage formula>

Adding more statements is going to be like this: and you add as many 'else if' statements as you need

if (something) {
value = formula
} else if (something2) {
value = formula
} else if (something3) {
value = formula
} else {
value = formula
}

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You could also utilize an additional element rate for the actor in the damage formula like this:
a.elementRate(15) * (original formula)
(15 being the elements ID)

The idea is the same, but this would allow you to increase the healing through traits instead of checking all possible sources in the skills damage formula. The downside would be that you might be a bit less flexible in how you increase the healing.

Writing the damage formula into the skills note box will probalby require an extra plugin to work. I don't know which one out of my head though.

The Damage Formula - ideas and help thread might also be relevant for this kind of questions.
Edit: Formatting

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who's a fan of firearms? The 5 on the bottom row (not including the green laser ones) I made pretty recently. I plan for most of these to be in my project.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 165924.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 28th September 2021

RMMV - Skip script errors:

For game developer testing purposes.
You know, I really get to farm likes since I post all of @Avery and @hiddenone 's blog tutorials on the forums...
Back from a very long hiatus with a new project woo
This is my battler placeholder image trying out art styles too I want to fake a backview battle system
I think I will want portraits and battle sprites to be 2D and stick to pixel art for overworld not 100%sure but pretty sure its easier to make pixel art for overworld sprites, events and maps and stuff.
Placeholder.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythphnx