I'm human
Staff member
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, the only other thing I can think is maybe you're using the wrong version of TileD? Did you download the version listed on the plugin page?

Starlighter

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, that's probably where I went wrong.
I'm using the latest version. What do I need? 1.03?

Edit:
I tried 1.03, doesn't help. I also looked at your installation video closer and hunted down 1.4.2, which you downloaded in the video, and it still doesn't work, same issues.

I've decided to work with MV for now, since it's been out a lot longer and there are a lot more tutorials. Thank you for your time, and I love your content!

Last edited:

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm wondering, does it actually need a tileset? a pre-rendered image wouldn't work?

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm going to DM you.
I'm very sorry, but did you ever figure out what is causing this? Because I have the exact same issue now in MZ. Followed the tutorial step by step, did nothing crazy, first load up black screen with Type Error Cannot read property "replace" of undefined

I'm using Tiled 1.7.2 however, since VisuStella does not mention a specific version number requirement for MZ. Also I have no idea where to get older versions in the first place.
Could somebody help me out here, please?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Staff member
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you get the newest version of the Tiled plugin by Visustella? It was just updated last week iirc.

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, it's my first time using MZ (was using MV before) and I just got the plugin from Visustella 2 days ago.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Staff member
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To be honest, I'm not sure why it's not working, it seems like it's hasn't cooperated recently for some people. I haven't used it for a long while so I'm probably not the best person to ask anymore. :LZSsad::LZSblush:

Last edited:

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
For everyone who has the same problem, I contacted Visustellas Support today.

My question:
I have a problem with the TileD-Plugin, right at the start. Fresh project, only 2 plugins installed, Visu-Engine Core + TileD.
Followed the instructions from this tutorial, which seems to be consistent with your own documention: Summary: Created Map-Folder, but ALL the files there, activated plugin, created simple map in TileD,added custom properties, saved everything, started the game and get
"Type Error Cannot read property "replace" of undefined" Console Error: rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined at Object.VisuMZ.Utility.trimExt (VisuMZ_5_TileD1.7.x.js:390) at Function.ImageManager.loadParserTileset (VisuMZ_5_TileD1.7.x.js:1266) at Spriteset_Map.loadTileset (VisuMZ_5_TileD1.7.x.js:1815) at Spriteset_Map.updateTileset (VisuMZ_5_TileD1.7.x.js:1838) at Spriteset_Map.update (rmmz_sprites.js:3380) at Scene_Map.createSpriteset (rmmz_scenes.js:900) at Scene_Map.<computed>.<computed> [as createSpriteset] (VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine.js:7685) at Scene_Map.createDisplayObjects (rmmz_scenes.js:891) at Scene_Map.onMapLoaded (rmmz_scenes.js:679) at Scene_Map.isReady (rmmz_scenes.js:669)

Versions:
VisuMZ_5_TileD1.7.x.js (85 days ago)
RPG Maker MZ 1.4.3
Tiled 1.7.2

On http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/TileD_VisuStella_MZ there is a reference "This plugin comes with a few Map and Tileset Templates. The Tileset Templates contain tilesets with predefined Collision, Region, and Flag tiles. You may use these tilesets or create your own for use within your maps. " However, I could not find those examples anywhere, so my options to figure it out myself are very limited here. Could you help me, please? Am I using incompatible versions?

Their response:
Wait for the newest update. Tiled changed JSON formatting again in 1.7.x so we have to recreate the plugin from scratch.

Asked for a rough ETA, no answer yet, but at least I know whats going and and that they are working on it :)

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
aw thank you Visustella team!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For my 100th post, I wanted to thank this forums community for the generosity and respect that each of you show.

I'm always impressed when I see the 6x veterans (in number of years compared to my presence here on these forums) continue to help and support all the community members on a daily basis, the awesome artists who share their creations with so much passion...
If a person becomes voluntarily missing, does it cause the butterfly effect?
normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewzah