How to keep a picture at a fixed coordinate?

booooop

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello

I have an event that displays a picture, however is there a way to keep it at a fixed coordinate on the map instead of having it move around with the screen/player?

Thanks

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello and welcome!
Try to create a map event in a parallel process that constantly calls the image to its position.

Example:
Code:
◆Control Variables:#0019 = Screen X of This Event
◆Control Variables:#0020 = Screen Y of This Event
◆Show Picture:#20, Picture, Center ({#0019},{#0020}), (100%,100%), 255, Normal

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
parallel processes add to lag, they should only be used if absolutely neccessary.

but to give a better option we would have to know what that picture is and what function it has on that map - each of the three or four possible solution has other advantages and disadvantages.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I just showed the logic, in general Pictures work differently compared to previous versions.
I ran the test on a simpler computer, and kept it between 58 and 60 fps.

But if it is the case it would be enough to do as in previous versions, create a new active page for a Switch (Normal) that just moved the Picture:
Code:
◆Control Variables:#0019 = Screen X of This Event
◆Control Variables:#0020 = Screen Y of This Event
◆Move Picture:#20, Center ({#0019},{#0020}), (100%,100%), 255, Normal, 1 frame
Disable the "Wait" checkbox, otherwise the image will be shaking as the player walks.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If interested in using plugins, utilizing a parallax plugin such as this can allow you to bind pictures to the map. It's fairly simple to use. If you don't want to deal with figuring out image coordinates you could pair it with a mapshot plugin. This way you can take a perfectly sized mapshot/screenshot of your map. Use an image editing program, position your image, hide the 'map image' layer and save it in your pictures folder. Beyond setting up the initial moment you need the image to be locked into place you won't need parallel processing event.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus