Not open for further replies.

NeilColl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TLDR: How do you make the player just walk past an event and have the event trigger (and say change image, or show animation), without the player stopping?

I am using YanFly Event Proximity. When player walks into activation region I am trying to animate a small flashing image on the event for about 1 second. Problem is, when I click for player to move to a map region and event triggers the player then stops when the event is triggered and doesn't proceed to the spot clicked on.

The animation does work, but the player stops. I have tried using all types of events (parallel, etc), and with the animation or movement routes all set to not wait.

How to have a player walk past an event, trigger a quick animation, but not have the player stop or change what he is doing?

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
Send a picture of the event that the player trigger.
I would suggest the parallel event... But you are telling that already tried...

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wait, you said movement routes? What is moving? If its the player, that might be the problem. If they temporarily turn toward the event, you could use a exclamation baloon instead and the problem won't occur. If you use this fix, make sure the baloon doesn't have a wait on it

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

chrisbill22

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this is a bit old, but I was able to achieve this using YEP_RegionEvents as long as the event doesn't require changes to movement routes.

You can also achieve this by creating a new parallel process event to store the player's X and Y positions as variables.
Then have your other event run as a parallel process with condition statements to check the X and Y variables you set.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@chrisbill22 ECRO], please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What are your experience on trying to boost a MV project on an Android 7+ phone to a constant 60 fps? It's very hard for me(mine is 720x1440 px with Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 and Adreno 506), especially with an ATB system plugin. The best minimum I can get is 30+ fps :)
MZ Spoiler Thread: Blah, blah, blah, blah...
Me: :kaoslp:
Mog: Star Ocean Battle system!
Me:
:MV1:
Hosting a private game jam...might have smthng to post soon if I can fix these dang parallaxes.
Oof it's been a while...well I'm back to stay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baochau