How to keep the player moving when an event triggers?

ivyish

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it is the default setting where the player stops when an event is triggered in RPG maker MV.
How to have a player walk past an event, trigger the event, but not have the player stop or change what he is doing?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Triggering an event will always stop the player's process, unless the event trigger is set to parallel. In that scenario the event will be executed in a loop in the background.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it is the default setting where the player stops when an event is triggered in RPG maker MV.
How to have a player walk past an event, trigger the event, but not have the player stop or change what he is doing?
Triggering an event will always stop the player's process, unless the event trigger is set to parallel. In that scenario the event will be executed in a loop in the background.
Screenshot of what @MushroomCake28 mentioned:
1582782526957.png

You could also use a combo of switches/pages/conditions and autonomous movement depending on the need of the situation :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it depends on what and how you want to trigger - which means you need to give some more details.

the parallel process mentioned above works in some cases, but not in all - because the parallel process always is on, no matter where the player goes. It is NOT dependent or triggered by the player, not unless you have it check on the player manually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laser_Kirin