Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used a plugin for full screen but it has tons of issues with black borders. Windowed mode doesn't seem to have any issues.

However the default window size is small.

Is it possible to launch the game with max window size so players don't have to use full screen?

micoomer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In your project folder>package.json, and open with any edit tools.
You can find width and height line, adjust those number according to your need. Now your game should start at desired resolution.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to launch the game with max window size so players don't have to use full screen?
the black borders are NOT caused by fullscreen, they are caused by either wrong aspect ratio or non-standart screen size of the game.
as such there will be problems with larger sizes even if you don't use fullscreen. but windowed zoom.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used a plugin for full screen but it has tons of issues with black borders. Windowed mode doesn't seem to have any issues.
Just to explain a bit more what Andar said - black borders happen when you say "my screen resolution is this," and that's different from what your monitor supports. The most common way to see this is to watch some older movies/DVDs/games on a modern screen; you'll often see black bars on the sides because their resolution is closer to a square (4:3) as opposed to the wide rectangle that is the current standard (16:9).

The specific resolution you use doesn't matter as much as the ratio of it. Presuming you're using a standard widescreen display, any widescreen resolution should look correct when set to fullscreen display (1024×576, 1152×648, 1280×720, 1366×768, 1600×900, 1920×1080).

Note that it's not just a case of bigger is better - if you're forcing fullscreen, lower resolutions will make each pixel of the game's artwork larger, and higher resolutions display more of the game map. Sometimes that's not desirable, as you end up with your chibi characters taking up a relatively small area of the huge map on the screen (or you run out of map to display, which would be the other occasion you see black areas if more than your entire map fits onto the screen).

For my tastes, I think the MV graphics look pretty good running at 1280x720 windowed, but your preference may vary.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinenveu