Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

I have some images in a new folder I created in an original folder, each one with the exact name of an actor.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong in loading and placing the images and was wondering if someone might be able to tell me the proper way to do it?

This is what I'm added so far to try to load and place the images so far, and I can tell it's quite incorrect, based on the number of errors I keep seeing.

Code:
Window_BattleStatus.prototype.Bust = function(filename, hue) {
    return this.loadBitmap('img/system/battle/busts/', filename, hue, true);
};
Code:
Window_BattleStatus.prototype.loadImages = function() {
    $gameParty.battleMembers().forEach(function(actor) {
        ImageManager.loadBust(actor.name());
    }, this);
Code:
Window_BattleStatus.prototype.drawItemImage = function(index) {
    var actor = $gameParty.battleMembers()[index];
    var rect = this.itemRect(index);
    var bust = $gameParty.battleMembers()[index].name;
    this.changePaintOpacity(actor.isBattleMember());
    Bitmap.load('img/system/battle/busts/')
    this.drawBust(bust, rect.x + 1, rect.y + 1);
    this.changePaintOpacity(true);
};
The images are 290x113 if that makes any difference, and I'm trying to place three of them on the Battle Screen in such a way that the Battle Status information will appear ontop of them.

Thanks in advance!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm honestly not really sure what's going on in your code, but I can see that you're calling several function that aren't part of the core script and that you haven't detailed here, so either you're omitting code you've written, or you're trying to call functions that don't exist.

Did you define a function called loadBust in ImageManager? Have you created a function for Window_BattleStatus called drawBust? I see one called "Bust" but drawBust and Bust would be two entirely different things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truvirian