Budderhydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the game that I am trying to make, I am attempting to make it so that one of the characters has a starting move called "exuberant strike", which has a fifty percent chance to do two times the amount of damage that a regular strike would, but also has a fifty percent chance to stun the user.

I think it would be an interesting ability, but I have no idea how to make this in RMMV. If any of you have an idea on how to do this, I would be extremely grateful if you informed me.

Thank you for your time! :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions go in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

Budderhydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions go in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

Thank you. Im new here, and I had no idea where to place this question. Again, thanks.

Kevin Hirst

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m not sure. You would have to create a state that has the stun and then the formula would look something like

If (Math.random() > 0.5) {formula} else {b.addState(stateId); formula*2}

Budderhydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, got it. Thanks :)
Now, do I just leave it as Math.random, or do I put something in there, because I am assuming it is just Math.random

Kevin Hirst

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only things you need to change here are the parts in bold

If (Math.random() > 0.5) {formula} else {b.addState(stateId); formula*2}

You can change the 0.5 to be any percentage you want. 0.5 being 50%. Note that the higher the percentage the less chance of double damage and stun. [Ex. 0.1, 10%, means that 10% of the time you will deal normal damage, and 90% of the time you will stun and do double damage].

The 2 at the end can be changed to whatever multiplier you want to use. 2 being double. 3 would be triple. 1.5 can be used. Any multiplier you like.

xem

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if anyone's going to reply to this, but how would I set this up in the database? I haven't had any luck so far.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@xem I approved your post and I'll leave this topic open since you seem a bit unsure of how to use the answers given to set up your database; however, we do frown on bumping support threads (help questions or "how do I"-type questions) that have been inactive for over a month (and this has been inactive for 3 years!). In the future, please just create a new topic (and link back to this old one if you need to reference it) - that helps avoid a lot of forum confusion. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Belphegor