How to make a battle system like Elite-Battle-System in VX ace?

Ticomanel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im trying to make a game with a battle system just like pokemon and i have come across the Elite-Battle-System but its only in XP it seems, so i want to make something that is atleast similiar to it (Or any similar pokemon battle system) any ideas how i can do it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest you describe what that battlesystem is in technical details instead of unknown names.
Because that is also the problem you have in searching:
I can almost guarantee that a script for this exists, but under a different name. Because Pokemon didn't event a new system, only modified ideas that are much older.

If you describe in details and game mechanics what you want we can probably point you to the required scripts for that.

Ticomanel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest you describe what that battlesystem is in technical details instead of unknown names.
Because that is also the problem you have in searching:
I can almost guarantee that a script for this exists, but under a different name. Because Pokemon didn't event a new system, only modified ideas that are much older.

If you describe in details and game mechanics what you want we can probably point you to the required scripts for that.
What i am trying to do is: In the battle i want the enemy to be on the top right corner and the ally on the bottom left corner just like this:
maxresdefault.jpg
I also want that there can be ONLY one ally at a time in the fight and you press a button to change between them, and you can ONLY use skills. (Unlike the normal combat where you can choose between Attack, Skills and Guard.)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) attack and guard are both skills, they just have a direct button to them.
to change the commands you'll need a command manager type script, which is available from for example tsukihime (www.himeworks.com) or yanfly or a few others

2) changing the number of battler-actors can be done by a lot of scripts or edits, but this also changes the number of followers in the map

3) you can position the enemy anywhere on the screen by drag'n drop

4) you need to look for a battlesystem that displays busts during action selection - and then simply use a picture of a backside instead of the bust. There were two of those, but I don't remember their names and if they're still available or not.
Or you could use the Luna engine to make your own display, but that would be much more work.

as you can guess from the answers above there is no single script that contains all you want, but more than enough partial scripts to piece together something similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, I made a game for a competition. I need some players to help play and vote for the best game.

https://ekamu.itch.io/not4ever
don’t forget to rate the game here

Voting is open until 12 August.

Thanks.
Progresses. Tonight: refinemment, column, pitfall, bump and gutter (I'll leave doors for last, they are scary).
What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?
Hopefully this gets fixed before release..
Where's this sudden heatwave come from? It's not even sunny, it's just hot. Hate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonwuka