How to make a character look like its pulling on an item.

Keddy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hi there, I'm trying to go for a character (not main) to pull on an item and when it finally sees the main character, the character runs away. I've managed to make the character pull on the item but do not know how to make it stop and run away as soon as it sees the main character coming closer.

Syberduh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The easiest way to make this happen (for a one-off event) is to put an invisible event on the floor that the player will walk over and trigger your commands to make the other character run away. Set the event trigger to "player touch"

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The easiest way to make this happen (for a one-off event) is to put an invisible event on the floor that the player will walk over and trigger your commands to make the other character run away. Set the event trigger to "player touch"
That only makes them run away. to have the event be pulling on the item, have it be a paralell process event that switches between two graphics.
Have a switch condition on the next page which is autorun, and a second player step event somewhere that turns on the switch and "set move route and wait, then it turns on self switch A, which is a final page which is blank

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One tried and true way to trigger a lot of people to be nasty is to tell a truth that they are uncomfortable with, like how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smitty