How to make a character look like its pulling on an item.

Keddy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hi there, I'm trying to go for a character (not main) to pull on an item and when it finally sees the main character, the character runs away. I've managed to make the character pull on the item but do not know how to make it stop and run away as soon as it sees the main character coming closer.

Syberduh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The easiest way to make this happen (for a one-off event) is to put an invisible event on the floor that the player will walk over and trigger your commands to make the other character run away. Set the event trigger to "player touch"

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The easiest way to make this happen (for a one-off event) is to put an invisible event on the floor that the player will walk over and trigger your commands to make the other character run away. Set the event trigger to "player touch"
That only makes them run away. to have the event be pulling on the item, have it be a paralell process event that switches between two graphics.
Have a switch condition on the next page which is autorun, and a second player step event somewhere that turns on the switch and "set move route and wait, then it turns on self switch A, which is a final page which is blank

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otwm