How to make a Common Event create an Event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrael79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hey Guys,

I want to have a common event, that would create another even on the map that the player is on, but I can't figure out how to do it.

What I'm trying to achieve is to make a "portal" item, which will:

1.) Create a portal on the map you are currently on.

2.) You can walk through the portal and it will teleport you to the last village you were at.

3.) At the same time as the teleport it creates another portal at the village location.

4.) When you walk through the portal at the village it returns you to the location that you started at.

5.) Both events are erased.

I've figured out how to do all of it through storing of variables...etc which is quite simple, the part that I can't get is figuring out how to get the common event to create other events (e.g the portals)

Does anyone know how or is it not possible?

If its not possible has anyone achieved something similar using a different method?

Thanks

Pervy

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the first part, where to return to - I would store the info in variables. There is a variable option called Game Data that can store the Map ID as well as the character's Map X and Map Y. The second part (#3 and 4) I'm a little unclear on. But if you mean you want it to create a new portal once you arrive that will take you back exactly where you were - I would do the same as above to store where the player was before porting.

So basically, I would do it so that I would have 4 variables, say - Last Village (when you leave the village, have the event store the current Map ID before transfering); Return Map (store the Map ID you want to return to); Return X and Return Y (storing character's Map X and Map Y).

When porting to the last village, I would use conditional branches to check the value of Last Village variable and set it to return to a specific spot in that corresponding village. 

And to erase the events you just use a blank second page. If you need to use it multiple times you will need to set a switch as the conditional for the second page and turn it on and off as necessary. I hope my rambling makes some sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Events can't create other events in the default maker, you would need a plugin for that.  You would need to have a portal event on each map with 2 pages, 1st page would be blank, 2nd page with the portal and a switch activating it.  The common event will need to move the portal event to where the player is(or 1 step away so the player can walk into it).  Activate a switch to make the portals appear.  Then use variables to transfer the player to the last town visited as well as storing where the player was so that the portal in town would be able to transfer the player back to where they were when they used the item.

Tyrael79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Events can't create other events in the default maker, you would need a plugin for that.  You would need to have a portal event on each map with 2 pages, 1st page would be blank, 2nd page with the portal and a switch activating it.  The common event will need to move the portal event to where the player is(or 1 step away so the player can walk into it).  Activate a switch to make the portals appear.  Then use variables to transfer the player to the last town visited as well as storing where the player was so that the portal in town would be able to transfer the player back to where they were when they used the item.

That's what I was thinking, I was just hoping there would be an alternative way to do it. 

Ellisvox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
What you can do is make a portal system. I made one for my game.

Make conditional branches with all portal locations and transfer locations. On every map you paste the same portal system, but make conditional branches within that level that check if a certain switch is on or off. The worlds you cannot go to at that moment, only have text. the ones you can go to have a transfer location.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Ellisvox It's nice of you that you want to provide a solution, but the last post of this topic was 2 years ago. This is considered necro-posting and against our rules.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cithiri