Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Let me explain what I need, in detail: if the player touches the event which gets him to another map he is confronted with a message saying that he can't and it doesn't transfer him. So in order to go there he must talk to a specific person and then the event unlocks.
Sorry if the thread already exists but I am in a hurry so i just decided to write this, and sorry if this is an easy problem, I'm a noob.
Tnx in advance.

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
You would need to use a switch in order to do what you have in mind.

In the event you add a page that will display the text, the first time the player is interacting with it. On the second page you add a switch as a condition, for example switch 001: Talk to NPC, and then you add the transfer. That way the player will only be transfered if this switch is on. You will then have to activate that switch from the NPC that the player needs to talk to.

I suggest you read up on switches and variables here on the forum (there's a lot of tutorials that will explain about this, or you could use the help file that comes with the RPG maker). The reason I suggest this is because you are gonna use these a lot if you want to make a game, and if you don't understand how they work, you will more or less not be able to make a functioning game.

These are the very, very basics of the RPG maker so even if you are in a hurry, you will stumble upon a lot of problems if you don't learn them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
  In order to solve your issue, you need to understand at least the concept of switches. There are very good tutorials here about swtiches and variables usage, and you really need to understand those if you want to create a game.

All in all, you have to set a control switch command in the event you created for the person the player must talk to. Then you have to choose a switch number, set an easy to remember name and turn it "On".

In the event that transfers the player to another map, create another event page and set the condition of the page to appear (left side of the event page) only by activating the previous swtich that you turned on.

I hope i made myself clear as i am not at home now :)  . It's also good to remember that there are multilple ways to achieve the same results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anrirck