Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to learn how to make a conveyer belt in rpgmaker that slowly moves the player backwards but you can go forward in a slower speed and back a faster speed but you can move side to side normally.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
while on the belt, have an event give a moveroute command targeted on the player that moves the player slowly in the belt direction without turning around.

triggering that event can be done in several different ways, for example a plugin to link the common event to a region code or by using a parallel process instead of plugin or a few other methods.

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im gonna try that right now!
while on the belt, have an event give a moveroute command targeted on the player that moves the player slowly in the belt direction without turning around.

triggering that event can be done in several different ways, for example a plugin to link the common event to a region code or by using a parallel process instead of plugin or a few other methods.

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it doesent really work well, sorry

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it doesent really work well, sorry
then most likely you have done something wrong.
describe which way you have tried, with screenshots of any events, and we can tell you how to improve it.

h0tWalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Recall seeing someone having used a waterfall for this, gonna look for it. Miss understood as i read the replies before the other parts...

Edit:
Found it, came across this a month or so ago when lurking the forum posts. Was a nifty trick, but hopefully it'll do the trick. Avoid the top video as he misses the mark, but the posts below that should be more accurate to your requests I believe.

Flowing River

Helps with movement speed adjustment, just gotta get the push going at least...

Last edited:

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
describe which way you have tried, with screenshots of any events, and we can tell you how to improve it.
herea are the events, you never properly explained so i tried winging it, please explain better next time.

1611378218185.png
1611378233152.png

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ah, thank you so much! ill try it now
edit
forgot to quote @h0tWalker sorry

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Recall seeing someone having used a waterfall for this, gonna look for it. Miss understood as i read the replies before the other parts...

Edit:
Found it, came across this a month or so ago when lurking the forum posts. Was a nifty trick, but hopefully it'll do the trick. Avoid the top video as he misses the mark, but the posts below that should be more accurate to your requests I believe.

Flowing River

Helps with movement speed adjustment, just gotta get the push going at least...
now ive tested it, it works the way i wanted to! thank you

Oir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Wouldn't your solution force the player to move in a certain direction? The OP also wants to be able to move on the conveyer belt (move slowly forward as well as move quickly backwards) while also moving at a constant pace on the conveyer belt when the player is standing still.

He'd probably have to add some scripts or Event commands to detect directional inputs while standing on the conveyer belt and have some conditional branches to increase or decrease movement speed for each direction. An else branch could then be added to simply move the character backwards if there are no key inputs (aka the player isn't doing anything so the conveyer belt just moves them backwards slowly).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

-Updated- Lowered fog / found more problems :kaoswt2:
6 more weeks of this nutty semester. Then maybe I'll have time to game make. After I curl up and sleep for a day or two that is.
Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
718346584zy