How to make a downward Swordslash?

Faldoors

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've created a sprite sheet that animates a swordslash on map triggered by a button. Left, right and up works great but the down slash is a bit tricky. The sprite sheet is bigger than normal. To see the swordslashes with the down slash the sprite is placed one tile above the normal position. I tried transfer the event in front of the players x and y . That works but is a bit laggy. Is there a way to shift the sprite sheet or some other way to create a downward slash?

Any ideas to tackle this?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• !Jin - SwordActions.png
    !Jin - SwordActions.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 19

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That works but is a bit laggy.
why is that laggy?
Please show us the event code you're using, and we might be able to help you optimize it.

because by default all sprites are centered bottom, and changing that will not only require a plugin but likely have a number of unwanted side-effects.
On the other hand there is no reason for lag on the process you described, not unless you messed up a parallel process or something like that.

Faldoors

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
why is that laggy?
Please show us the event code you're using, and we might be able to help you optimize it.

because by default all sprites are centered bottom, and changing that will not only require a plugin but likely have a number of unwanted side-effects.
On the other hand there is no reason for lag on the process you described, not unless you messed up a parallel process or something like that.

Hi Thank you for your reply!

I'm having trouble with the transparancy of the character, i'm trying to hide the player once the event kicks in, but i think switches only work for the movement route they are in. I've attached screenshots of the sword event and common event of hide player. In the sword event i hide the first movement because it needs to be one tile lower than the player. And I use the common event to hide the player and stop his movent if the slash is active. Otherwise the player would pop in 3 tiles down.

I must be overlooking something,

Attachments

• Sword-Code.png
    Sword-Code.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Hide Player.png
    Hide Player.png
    51 KB · Views: 3

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D
WIP
3t2Xc52pKS7ptwWCFMrSen.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hesena