GreenTeaMochi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm so sorry if this is in the wrong category, and it probably is, but can I have some help with making a face set? I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Manga Studio Debut 4.0 to make it in, and I'd rather not spend any money on software at the moment. I would like to know the dimensions the page needs to be and what all I need to do to make a working face set. Thanks so much! I'm really new to this site AND the art of RPG Making.

-Mo :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For which maker do you want to make a faceset? The numbers per face are different depending on which maker, but the faceset is always 4x2 face pictures of the size that the maker needs.

Some makers have a face generator integrated, there you can get examples (bad ones in case of Ace, good ones in case of MV)

GreenTeaMochi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For which maker do you want to make a faceset? The numbers per face are different depending on which maker, but the faceset is always 4x2 face pictures of the size that the maker needs.

Some makers have a face generator integrated, there you can get examples (bad ones in case of Ace, good ones in case of MV)

Ah, I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I would like to make them for VX Ace.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, and where exactzly is your problem with making facesets?

You can easily use one of the existing ones (either exported from RTP or created and saved from Ace' generator) as a placeholder for getting the pixel sizes and structure of such a picture. (The numbers are also in the help file)

There is nothing to it other than the size of the face picture - it is not referenced anywhere else in the engine, which means that the pictures you use may show anything you want.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Бас Лого.png
Reflections on the topic of choosing the path of the main character )
Now I want to change back to a Class system again xD Around and around we go!
Progress on the title graphic:
titledemo3.png
titledemo2.png
I'm still looking at the best way to do the subtitle.
I haven't touched the forum or my project for months because a few people were being a little aggressive when I asked for help
its_a_random_world.jpg
Well after half a year of health problems (that aren't as bad as before), and playing with UE4 & 5... I realized I should finish this project before working on something else. So I decided to upgrade my randomizer. And really just focus on compromising wherever I can to finish the project sooner rather than later. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aymen012