Status
Not open for further replies.

YourFriendTheRat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello. And so, as the title says, how do I make larger sprite? Please give me detailed description, please. And thanks for your time.

One more question: Am I posting in the right section? Very sorry if not.

YourFriendTheRat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That is amazing! The only problem is, I can't even see my sprite in the 'output folder'. The file is there but it is blank. Help?

Edit: Oh, wait! I get it now. It's there. Now, for the (hopefully) last problem.

1) How do I get rid of the black box?

2) What is the green thing near the sprite's skirt?

Thank you.

[IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w484/nik1755/RPGMaker/Screenshot_zps9ecaed71.png[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's two ways:  You could open the file in a paint program, set the background as transparent then save it as a PNG.  The other way would be to use the import manager and click what you want to be set as transparent.  The paint program way gives you more flexibility and allows you to work with partial transparencies.

I dunno what the green thing is.  I'm assuming it's transparent there so you're seeing the grass behind her.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when using the resource manager to import and in the case that the manager doesn't detect a transparancy layer in the graphic, you'll be able to set one or two colors as transparent by clicking into the preview. If you click on the wrong point, then a false color will turn transparent - this might be the reason why in the above case black stays black but some other pixels turned transparend and show the green beyond...

ACE RyanAnayaMc

New to Game Making
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Start the filename with '!$' as in '!$Gate1.png'  to make bigger sprites (this can only hold a 3x4 of 96x64 sprites). Remember that walking down is 1st row, walking left is row 2, walking right is row 3, and walking up is row 4. (It might be a bit confusing... I tried to explain it the best I can...)

YourFriendTheRat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now I got it! Thanks everyone for answering. You have been very helpful.

This thread is closed now. Thank you!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste
Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
venxarmy