Sanidrone

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty new and I'm trying to make a map on my own from scratch since I really don't like using default assets.

I've already made a pixel art of the whole thing (See below) and I'm trying to figure out how to make tiles from it.
Tried making a sprite sheet for all the parts, but RPG maker is breaking it apart in weird ways and I have no idea how to make it so things like the carpet can be placed over the floor, or walk behind the desk. Sorry if this is asking a lot but its been three days and I can't find a tutorial for this, they all use existing sheets.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/xxlU3Vn[/IMG]
And the attempted sheet
[IMG]http://imgur.com/a/6Rnlz[/IMG]

Andar

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are six different tilesheet formats, and you can only use a specific format in each of the slots - if youi place the wrong tilesheet into a slot, the result is usually a failure in the tileset formatting.

I can't see the images, but most probably you're trying to place tilesheets of simple 32x32 pixel tiles into slots that are intended for one of the autotile formats (which can have different sizes, usually 64x96 pixels for a single tile.

Please refer to the help file and the existing tilesheets to learn what kind of tile needs to be placed where in the tilesheets.

Kes

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We have a section which deals specifically with the creation/editing etc of resources.  So...

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Also, can you fix your images.  There is no link, and without being able to see what you have done, advice can only be based on guesswork.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

MZ_HUD_1.png

Accomplished a longstanding goal: transitioned from windowskin graphics to native canvas drawing for windows. No more window.png or resizing individual mask images; Bitmap and Window classes handle it all seamlessly now.

Same UI, different corner settings:

MZ_HUD_2.png
I haven't check my game DL in a while. So time to see if I get a error 404 message. Because I deleted it due to a lack of space. Or it instantly crashes the second it starts. Or if I end up in some random map because I forgot to reset the start point. Or any combination of them.
ThereseIdleWIP2.gif
Design finished. Onto finishing the entire sprite sheet and alternative colours now
What does it say about you when a mushroom is your best friend?
If a game had a moral-choice system at the beginning 3 chapters where defeating an on-screen encounter grants a "-2" at the end of the level whereas evading it granted "+2" at the end of the chapter, and then each chapter also had a dialogue choice that'd give/take points depending on the answer the player gives, how many points would you expect to gain from the dialogue choices?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xryu