TetsuyaHikari

JUSTICE! 執行! 問答無用!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've looked through multiple threads about mini maps and such, but they're all for third person RPGs. I have no idea how to go about making a mini map for my own game (or even just a map that can be displayed through a script call). Here is how my interface looks:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fMtBn65.png[/IMG]

It would be nice if the player could push a button to bring up a mini map in the top right corner or access a large map by opening a map (key item). Could someone explain to me how I might go about adding this feature to my project?

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried out Tomy's KMS Minimap? I have seen better minimaps, personally but they require other scripts that I can't find, and this one shows the areas you can walk on and is fairly configurable. It's really cool.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D
I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?
Another Friday and another Zoom call that could have been an email. Working from home is awesome.
Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toonfreak