How to make a mirror?

ShiningPhoibe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I'm very new to RPG Maker (MV or otherwise) and I'd like to make a mirror. I'd prefer it to reflect all party members, but even just the player would be enough for my purpose. I found a plugin called Mirror Area by Biud436, but it only reflects the top half of the team when set up as shown by the creator of the plugin. I couldn't get it to show a full character.
Is there another way to make a mirror that can reflect the player (and if possible the party members)?

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you make variations to the mirror showing your character looking around and event it? I have yet to try it, but perhaps a parallel event that checks to see if the player is in front of the mirror and what direction they're facing could work and the mirror, itself, could be an event, too. Since there's 3+ directions, you could always edit your character onto the mirror at different directions.

(example) If the mirror was by itself, you would just need to add a "$" to the front.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used the plugin here for a while: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/region-reflection-request.77910/
it should get your job done but it makes reflections in the transparent parts of the map (you define with a region id). You need to edit the mirrors amd make them transparent. Then anything in ffont of that mirror will be reflected. Sometimes it makes extra reflections you didn't ask for in transparent ares. I used a black parallax to hide those extra reflections (but any parallax will do actually)

Last edited:

ShiningPhoibe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used the plugin here for a while: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/region-reflection-request.77910/
it should get your job done but it makes reflections in the transparent parts of the map (you define with a region id). You need to edit the mirrors amd make them transparent. Then anything in ffont of that mirror will be reflected. Sometimes it makes extra reflections you didn't ask for in transparent ares. I used a black parallax to hide those extra reflections (but any parallax will do actually)
Thank you. The plugin doesn't seem to work, it causes an error on startup (Cannot read property noReflection of undefined), but it seems like it would have been a good solution otherwise.

ShiningPhoibe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you make variations to the mirror showing your character looking around and event it? I have yet to try it, but perhaps a parallel event that checks to see if the player is in front of the mirror and what direction they're facing could work and the mirror, itself, could be an event, too. Since there's 3+ directions, you could always edit your character onto the mirror at different directions.

(example) If the mirror was by itself, you would just need to add a "$" to the front.
Thanks. It seems a bit inconvenient, but if there are no other solutions, that will have to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha