How to make a mix-and-match character creator/generator in script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfdasfasf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Part of the game I'm working on has a machine that dispenses random "monsters" as followers - it's kind of like a gacha machine. I want each monster to be unique, but I don't want to make 100 monsters - instead, I want to have it pull distinct body parts to create monsters at random.

I've made some distinct head, leg, arm, body, and tail sprites, but I'm not sure how to get MV to call these assets and put them together at their correct positions. I need help either figuring out how to make a system that allows this mix-and-match designing or I need a referral to a plugin that does this. Otherwise, I'm going to have to combine them all bit by bit in a separate program to make all the possible combos.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem here is that the engine itself can only handle single picture files.

Even the build-in character generator on the editor needs to save the results as single pictures before the game can use them.

To change that would require quite a lot of reprogramming in javascript - nothing that can easily be done and I don't know a plugin for this.
I think that somerndude wrote something like that, but I don't remember if that really was a plugin or only some external program that handles like the character generator itself - and that user has left the community, his plugins haven't been updated since 1.5.2

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This would need to be a plugin request, as it can't really be done without one. If you would like to request this, please make a post that follows the plugin request subforum rules over there. Since this is "solved" in the sense of you have your answer:

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
French folk trying to pronounce English words. I loved how the man pronounced squirrel as 'square friend'.
Therapist: any questions? Me: Yeah, are there actually people who think Hotel California is about drugs and not fame or are people just trying to upset me?
Therapist: They WHAT?
It's interesting. There are no safety hazards in our country, but if you look at the shelves in supermarkets, you'd say there's a zombie apocalypse here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edgy