Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya,

wondering how to make name creations for each of my classes like they do in pokemon... so the player has the ability to name the warrior, priest, archer, all whatever they want.

thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moving to Plugin Requests

You would need to use Name Input to allow the player to give an unused/unnamed actor a name. Then a script call to change the class to that name. However, as class info comes from the database and is not saved with the player's game data, you would need a plugin to make that happen, and then to restore it when a game is loaded.

You would also need to give each player their own class, if you didn't want all actors with that class getting the same name because they changed it for one actor.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya,

wondering how to make name creations for each of my classes like they do in pokemon... so the player has the ability to name the warrior, priest, archer, all whatever they want.
...when you say "class," do you actually mean "class?" Or are you referring to the characters (or "actors") in your game?

Because what you're asking is to let the player rename "wizard" to "firefingers" and then everyone in the game with that class shows "firefingers" as their class. I suspect you're actually asking when you get a new party member you want to be able to rename that person from "Bob" to "Jimmy."

To use the comparison you mentioned to Pokémon, you're not renaming all Pikachu to Yellowblob, you're renaming the specific Pikachu you just got to Sparky. Right?

If that's what you meant, then as Shaz said you would use Name Input Processing on the third tab of event commands, and that's it. The rest of her answer about needing plugins is only true if you actually meant you want to rename classes, which is I suspect not what you meant.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D
WIP
3t2Xc52pKS7ptwWCFMrSen.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hesena