How to make a player turn a party member into a vehicle

sibba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know this sounds weird but my party member is a dragon and I want to be able to make him dissapear and then I wpuld be transported on the dragon vehicle if I use a skill in my inventory.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by default you can only remove an actor from the party and add it back if you want to remove the actor from the party.

however you can use a common event called by a skill to disable followers, then set the airship vehicle (with a dragon sprite) next to the player and automatically board the vehicle. This will have a problem turning everything back, but even that might be doable with a parallel process on most maps.

if you want more than that, you'll have to ask for a plugin to change the engine.

Last edited:

sibba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
thank you so much!!! ill try it

sibba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
wait but how do i make it spawn beside the player??

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
control variable (two times) to get player position (under game data), then four conditional branches to check which facing the player has to change the coordinates by 1 into facing direction.
then place vehicle by variable and get on/off command.

modify based on vehicle and where the player is.
a lot of commands and tedious to check special conditions, but should be no real problems.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
all you need is a parallel event on the world map.

if button is pressed
> if character in party
>> if switch is on (reached point in game where can transform and fly)
>>> if vehicle is driven (with else branch)
>>>> get off vehicle
>>>> set vehicle location (move flying dragon sprite to unused map)
>>> (else branch)
>>>> set variables player map X and Y locations
>>>> set vehicle location (using the above variables)
>>>> get on vehicle

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

You might want to just have the triggering event automatically put the player in the vehicle (and same when getting off the vehicle- automatically have the dragon rejoin the party and leave the map).

If you just remove the character from the party and have them appear on the map as a vehicle, then the player may end up walking away from their own party member and leaving them behind, especially if they don't immediately realize that they've been taken out of the party as part of the mechanic.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

sibba, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

sibba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You might want to just have the triggering event automatically put the player in the vehicle (and same when getting off the vehicle- automatically have the dragon rejoin the party and leave the map).

If you just remove the character from the party and have them appear on the map as a vehicle, then the player may end up walking away from their own party member and leaving them behind, especially if they don't immediately realize that they've been taken out of the party as part of the mechanic.
I dont get what you mean

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont get what you mean
that doesn't help anyone in solving your problem.

we gave you instructions on how to solve this - several different ways actually.
please select the one you understand the farthest, try to follow it by placing the commands in the editor until you don't know what to do next.
then make a screenshot of what you have already done, and place it here so that we can see what you have done and tell you how to finish it correctly.

sibba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
that doesn't help anyone in solving your problem.

we gave you instructions on how to solve this - several different ways actually.
please select the one you understand the farthest, try to follow it by placing the commands in the editor until you don't know what to do next.
then make a screenshot of what you have already done, and place it here so that we can see what you have done and tell you how to finish it correctly.
So i was making the commands you told me but then I couldnt figure out how to make it called by a skill because when I pressed "skill" on conditional branch, it said if player "has learned" the skill not if he uses it

wait can you even use skills outside of battle?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
couldnt figure out how to make it called by a skill
you do that in the database. go to the skill and add the common event as an effect to the skill.

sibba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ooooo that makes sense. Im so stupid lol

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acoolusername