Roseredpinball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure how else to describe it. I want to make a profile menu, similar to the one in Ace Attorney games, where you can look at profiles of various people you've encountered and see images/descriptions of them. It's for a detective game I'm working on. Is there a script for this or some way to do it without scripts? Please and thank you!

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a script for this or some way to do it without scripts?
You need a script to do this as doing it with events would be very annoying and too complex to edit later on. That said, I am not sure if something like this exists. There are bestiary scripts, that show a list of enemies and their characteristics, but I have never heard of a script listing characters you encountered in the game, and I am quite sure that you will not be able to find any without asking for a specific commission.

The reason behind that is that there is no way to define a character profile in the default engine (other than being bound to actor stats), so a script that allows you to do such a thing is something that has to be quite specific to your game. However, this is not the right place to commission somebody or to ask for a specific script. I recommend asking in the Script Request board or, since you have more than 30 messages, in the Classified board of the forum. There are people, including myself, who still take commissions for VX Ace.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's called journal script by a lot of people, and there are a few of them. If I remember correctly the better one was by CSCA or some similiar scripter-code, but I don't have the links anymore.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's called journal script by a lot of people
I am not sure if they allow you to show information in the way you need for a profile. I mean, they can be adapted, but as far as I know they are mostly used to show quests rather than character profiles...or did I get it wrong and you mean something different? Are you talking about something like this?

@Roseredpinball you should check the link too. If that is what you are looking for, you should be fine.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you talking about something like this?
no, I was not talking about simple quest journals, but about advanced journaling/encyclopedia scripts.

Search for CSCA Encyclopedia, and you'll need the custom entries for it to create your profile lists.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This needs a script, it cannot be done within the editor.

[move]RGSS3 Script Requests[/move]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just going to leave this here because a lot of people here don't seem to understand the scope of what is going on:
My book/game tackles racism alot so I've been watching the news and social media absorbing everything as unbiasedly as I can for research but as a proud Caribbean black man my emotions are a whirlwind right now.
I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme