How to make a profile menu?

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Roseredpinball, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Roseredpinball

Roseredpinball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm not sure how else to describe it. I want to make a profile menu, similar to the one in Ace Attorney games, where you can look at profiles of various people you've encountered and see images/descriptions of them. It's for a detective game I'm working on. Is there a script for this or some way to do it without scripts? Please and thank you!

2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You need a script to do this as doing it with events would be very annoying and too complex to edit later on. That said, I am not sure if something like this exists. There are bestiary scripts, that show a list of enemies and their characteristics, but I have never heard of a script listing characters you encountered in the game, and I am quite sure that you will not be able to find any without asking for a specific commission.

The reason behind that is that there is no way to define a character profile in the default engine (other than being bound to actor stats), so a script that allows you to do such a thing is something that has to be quite specific to your game. However, this is not the right place to commission somebody or to ask for a specific script. I recommend asking in the Script Request board or, since you have more than 30 messages, in the Classified board of the forum. There are people, including myself, who still take commissions for VX Ace.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's called journal script by a lot of people, and there are a few of them. If I remember correctly the better one was by CSCA or some similiar scripter-code, but I don't have the links anymore.

4. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am not sure if they allow you to show information in the way you need for a profile. I mean, they can be adapted, but as far as I know they are mostly used to show quests rather than character profiles...or did I get it wrong and you mean something different? Are you talking about something like this?

@Roseredpinball you should check the link too. If that is what you are looking for, you should be fine.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no, I was not talking about simple quest journals, but about advanced journaling/encyclopedia scripts.

Search for CSCA Encyclopedia, and you'll need the custom entries for it to create your profile lists.

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This needs a script, it cannot be done within the editor.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

7. ZirconStorms

ZirconStorms VX & VX Ace Scripts Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA