How to make a scene from a diary?

TheBreaker24998

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to make a scene where the player must read a diary, but the diary has several pages, therefore it is a set of several images in which, when the player presses a button, it goes to the next image and so on, but I am having trouble doing it, like for example if I put it on the action button, the buttons do not execute, and if I put it in automatic process, when the button is pressed, it changes the image, but it automatically goes to the last image, in other words, it is 3 images, and when the button is pressed to go to the next image, the second image is skipped and it goes to the third image automatically, how can I do this event?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simple.
Code:
if Action button is pressed:
    if variable timer is 0:
        set variable timer to 5
        swap the page
   else
       if variable timer > 0:
      decrease variable timer by one
else
    if variable timer > 0:
       decrease variable timer by one
You need to have some sort of timer to have time to unpress the key. This loop does it.

Last edited:

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't think too hard. If it's only one way, you can just use transparent empty message box:
1593667231946.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON