How to make a sprite animation like in the Witch House?

Riuyuri

Dead Inside
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if it's possible in RPG maker MV but I want to know how make a sprite change like there opening a door?
I tried using set movement route but it looks awful XI and also how to make them change in a event as well.
like there fall down or or getting off the ground.

sincerely Riuyuri

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Set movement route is definitely the way to go. You will have to try out how fast you want to set it. When it comes to animation via turning: if the normal frequencies don't look good (one two fast, the next too slow), pick the one that is too fast and insert a few frames of waiting between the steps until you have the speed you want.

The rest depends on your images. In general, the more frames your animation has, the smoother and more elaborate you can make it. Stepping animation only allows you 3 frames, turning animation allows you 4; if you change the picture in set movement route and arrange it cleverly, you can increase turning animation from 4 to at least 32 frames. More are possible, but quite a headache.

I put up a little example image here, and Avery also has some multiframe animations, i think:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/behavior-sprites-and-bits-and-pieces.88926/

Riuyuri

Dead Inside
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Set movement route is definitely the way to go. You will have to try out how fast you want to set it. When it comes to animation via turning: if the normal frequencies don't look good (one two fast, the next too slow), pick the one that is too fast and insert a few frames of waiting between the steps until you have the speed you want.

The rest depends on your images. In general, the more frames your animation has, the smoother and more elaborate you can make it. Stepping animation only allows you 3 frames, turning animation allows you 4; if you change the picture in set movement route and arrange it cleverly, you can increase turning animation from 4 to at least 32 frames. More are possible, but quite a headache.

I put up a little example image here, and Avery also has some multiframe animations, i think:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/behavior-sprites-and-bits-and-pieces.88926/

This is Perfect! Thanks this makes more sense to me now! :LZScat:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
Sometimes im the biggest fool alive... Ah well, ce la vie
The worst feeling in the world is going for a walk on a nice summer day, seeing an ice cream truck, and realizing you don't have any money with you :(
Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kINGFreak13