NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
how do i make a weapon that can damage or kill the user much like devil weapons from fire emblem

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you describe how the devil weapons from Fire Emblem work for the benefit of those who aren't familiar with them?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this would probably require passive states and buff state core plugins.
weapon gives user a state, state has a custom confirm effect that checks if doing a physical attack before damages the user.
(im not good with this stuff so someone correct me if get syntax wrong)

<Custom Establish Effect>
if (this.isPhysical()) {
var heal = Math.floor(user.mhp * 0.1);
user.gainHp(-heal);
}
</Custom Establish Effect>

Can you describe how the devil weapons from Fire Emblem work for the benefit of those who aren't familiar with them?
weapons with higher base stats but hurt the user when they land a hit.

Last edited:

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
they can backfire damage to the user for ex. 10 hp dmg whenever they hit but they deal large damage

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to just do this inside the damage formula. If you want a 15% chance to deal 10 damage to the user, put:
Code:
if (Math.randomInt(100)<15) a.gainHp(-10);
then the rest of your damage formula.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this would probably require passive states and buff state core plugins.
no, something as simple as affecting the user whenever the skill hits can be done completely without a plugin, just by damage code.
backfire damage to the user for ex. 10 hp dmg whenever they hit
That is even simpler than ATT_Turan's example above

Code:
a.gainHP(-10); 4* a.atk - 2* b.def
This damage formula would do normal damage and deal 10 HP damage to the skill user on each target hit.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
issue im seeing with damage formula approach is could have 4 weapon types each type having 1 "devil" weapon and several normal weapons.
the devil weapon is meant to have this effect for "all" weapon attack skills, not just 1 specific skill.
could use damage formula instead of buff/state notetag. but the formula for every weapon attack skill would still need to check for a devil weapon marker.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That, or use something like Yanfly's Weapon Unleash to replace the Attack skill with a version that uses the above damage formula when equipping a devil weapon.

Code:
if ($dataWeapons[a.equips()[0].itemId()].meta["devil"]) a.gainHp(-10);

in front of your damage formula should make it do 10 damage to you if you put the <devil> notetag in your weapon.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgLord69