motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, I wanna make an animation triggered by: start game.
I want to make it like a jumpscare at the start of the game, for example.

Can someone help me with it?

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
like when you start the game, or when you start the program?
well for when you start the game, you could make the jumpscare an video and put it in the room you start in, like a small 2 height room with an autorun event that fades out, plays the video/jumpscare then transfer to where you really start the game. (also remember to fade in)

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
like when you start the game, or when you start the program?
well for when you start the game, you could make the jumpscare an video and put it in the room you start in, like a small 2 height room with an autorun event that fades out, plays the video/jumpscare then transfer to where you really start the game. (also remember to fade in)

well what I meant was that everytime someone presses newgame loaad game or exit to get that jumpscare;
though I think for now just for new game would be fine

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might want to use a plugin or a script (which rpg maker are you using?)

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[mod]Moving this to MV support (which I'm assuming is what you're using, please let me know if you're using a different engine).[/mod]

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
[mod]Moving this to MV support (which I'm assuming is what you're using, please let me know if you're using a different engine).[/mod]

oh sorry but I actually use vx ace

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What kind of animation do you want to play? Is it a sprite? If not, is it a video? How should it play? If somebody has to write a script for you he or she will definitely need to know the answer to those questions. It is impossible to write a script without having enough detais, and you are the only one who knows them.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The most easiest way would be to play animation as very first event on the starting map.

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
What kind of animation do you want to play? Is it a sprite? If not, is it a video? How should it play? If somebody has to write a script for you he or she will definitely need to know the answer to those questions. It is impossible to write a script without having enough detais, and you are the only one who knows them.

Well it's an animation where I use pixels, I want it to be a part of the menu screen but not exactly of the game, I want an animation that starts every time someone clicks new game or loading game, maybe even exit.
I think I'll use Graphicsgale for the animation.

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well it's an animation where I use pixels, I want it to be a part of the menu screen but not exactly of the game, I want an animation that starts every time someone clicks new game or loading game, maybe even exit.
I think I'll use Graphicsgale for the animation.
He is asking what kind of format the animation is. But based on your answer, is it going to be a custom frame by frame image? or is it something else? Do you have any sample of the animation file?

We're asking what kind of file is the animation file?

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
He is asking what kind of format the animation is. But based on your answer, is it going to be a custom frame by frame image? or is it something else? Do you have any sample of the animation file?

We're asking what kind of file is the animation file?

well I didn't complete the animation but I think I have a sample from the program

C\Program Files (x86)\GraphicsGale\sample2.gal

Attachments

• sample2.gal
    35.2 KB · Views: 4

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
well I didn't complete the animation but I think I have a sample from the program
I don't have GraphicsGale installed. Besides, it doesn't have to be complete, as long as it represents the kind of file you use.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The point is that you could draw frames and put them in a video or create a spritesheet. The way you handle those is completely different and we need that information to help you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@motman
graphics gale (GAL) is a format and program that is not directly supported by any RPG Maker.
which means that it is almost impossible to use - you would have to find someone who knows how that program stores its data and programs a file reader and viewer with a RGSS3-script for you.
The chance of that happening is extremely low.

What you need to do is to remake that animation into formats that the RPG-Maker supports. Graphics Gale should be able to export into PNG for example, but that are pictures and not complete animations.

Please go into the database, animation tab and look on how the engine creates animations. The animations are stored there as pictures for sources, and created by combining pictures and sounds and effects.
Then you can use PNGs exported from your program (reformatted with GIMP or a similiar image program) to recreate your animation either in the database or by combining show picture and play sound effect on event commands.

Trying to get a complete .gal-animation file into the RM requires technical information that is almost impossible to handle, especially as a lot of the graphics code of VXA is closed source and whoever writes a script for this would have to work from scratch.

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
@motman
graphics gale (GAL) is a format and program that is not directly supported by any RPG Maker.
which means that it is almost impossible to use - you would have to find someone who knows how that program stores its data and programs a file reader and viewer with a RGSS3-script for you.
The chance of that happening is extremely low.

What you need to do is to remake that animation into formats that the RPG-Maker supports. Graphics Gale should be able to export into PNG for example, but that are pictures and not complete animations.

Please go into the database, animation tab and look on how the engine creates animations. The animations are stored there as pictures for sources, and created by combining pictures and sounds and effects.
Then you can use PNGs exported from your program (reformatted with GIMP or a similiar image program) to recreate your animation either in the database or by combining show picture and play sound effect on event commands.

Trying to get a complete .gal-animation file into the RM requires technical information that is almost impossible to handle, especially as a lot of the graphics code of VXA is closed source and whoever writes a script for this would have to work from scratch.

Thanks, I think I understood what you meant and what I need to use to create the animation,
but I still need to know how can I put the animation where I want and how I want.
in this case on the menu activated by new game or load game.
I would also be happy if you could tell me if there are other programs for animation.

Last edited:

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
but I still need to know how can I put the animation where I want and how I want.
As all of us told you, if you don't tell us the file format of your animation, we can't help you. There are at least 3 ways to add animations to RPG Maker VX Ace. One thing is if you want to use Animations, another thing is if you want to use a spritesheet, and an even different thing is if you want to use a video.

EDIT
To clarify things, if you made your frames using Graphics Gale, you have to turn them into a format that VX Ace can read. It can literally be any of the formats I mentioned above. Depending on how you plan to convert the image you made, the result differs, and so does the way you have to use it inside your game.

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
As all of us told you, if you don't tell us the file format of your animation, we can't help you. There are at least 3 ways to add animations to RPG Maker VX Ace. One thing is if you want to use Animations, another thing is if you want to use a spritesheet, and an even different thing is if you want to use a video.

EDIT
To clarify things, if you made your frames using Graphics Gale, you have to turn them into a format that VX Ace can read. It can literally be any of the formats I mentioned above. Depending on how you plan to convert the image you made, the result differs, and so does the way you have to use it inside your game.

It's a sprite sheet and I think I'm gonna try exporting to GIMP like Andar said.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Even if you said spritesheet, we still need the detail of how the spritesheet is formatted. We're waiting.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png
I always smile to myself when I see someone do the "immediate halt and spin around" from forgetting something. I find it sort of endearing how we all do it without ever being taught to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ratbyte