RMMV How to make an event occur when a skill is selected and not when a skill ends?

mrmetapod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im currently working on a personal project and im planing so that one of my characters has a musical rythim based gimmic, but with how the effect system works any event that i want to occur happens after the skill is completed, when i want it to happen the moment a skill is selected, so that it whould line up with some specific music.
Thank you all for your time in advance

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only way I know of is using Yanfly's action sequences.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know how SRD's timed attack works into the situation, but you can call a common event at any point during an action sequence, so you can call it in whatever part of the action you want. Assuming you can call the timed attack plugin from a plugin command, you could then call it from the common event.

If you can't do that, you can ditch the timed attack plugin entirely and event whatever it is you're going for directly in the common event instead.

mrmetapod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know how SRD's timed attack works into the situation, but you can call a common event at any point during an action sequence, so you can call it in whatever part of the action you want. Assuming you can call the timed attack plugin from a plugin command, you could then call it from the common event.

If you can't do that, you can ditch the timed attack plugin entirely and event whatever it is you're going for directly in the common event instead.
Ill test it out later today bc rn i got homework to do

mrmetapod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sadly I can only call the plugin with notes, not plugin commands, and it overides everything else to be the first thing that occurs.
So ill have to make my own version of it by events.
Thanks for the attention

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KirrionDice