How to make an in game map of an area with a location marker?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so I want to make it so you can open a map to see what the surrounding area looks like, but with an icon where the player is in it. Think kind of like EarthBound's, where you could press a button and it shows a recreation of the entire town view with an icon of Ness' head where he is. Is something like this possible?

It seems like it would be easy to just make an event to bring up an image of a map, but a marker system would be more helpful and intuitive.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember to do your 0,01% progress on your game today!
Went to see Jujutsu Kaisen 0 yesterday, it was cool. The movie wasnt really a masterpiece, it had some pacing and characterization problems, but overall I enjoyed it, maybe because it was the first anime film I have ever been to in the cinema lol. The battle animation & music were top-notch. I havent seen much of the anime so people who watched the entire season would probably like it more.
MainMenu.PNG
Finally satisfied with the main menu xD

The plan was to have battle sprites in the menu...But these faces from Ocean's Nostalgia look pretty damn good imo. (Will have to adjust for them ofc and maybe recolor to match the overworld/battle sprites more)
It's always disturbing to me to see my cat eating something off the bathroom floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonson