QueenTeaYT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I want the player to be able to use this item in AND out of battle, fully healed or not.

The program already has an "always" occasion option, but I can't use the item when my status is full.

I want to be able to use the item with a full status.

Is this possible?

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unfortunately not without a script. Even if you want to use a script to do this, you have to be very specific when telling us in which situations it should be usable and in which it should not, as each different situation has a different branch to check if the item is usable and many of them are useful for targeting purposes.

EDIT: Of course, if you want the player to be able to make mistakes when selecting the target this becomes much easier.

QueenTeaYT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unfortunately not without a script. Even if you want to use a script to do this, you have to be very specific when telling us in which situations it should be usable and in which it should not, as each different situation has a different branch to check if the item is usable and many of them are useful for targeting purposes.

EDIT: Of course, if you want the player to be able to make mistakes when selecting the target this becomes much easier.
My game revolves around taking pills, and I want the player to be able to take the pill whenever and wherever, no rules or restrictions attached (except for how many they have left in their inventory). The pills have no effects and do nothing for the player other than to be consumed.

In any situation, it should be usable.

(Thank you for your time!)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure you can use "always" and common events, not using status/hp/mp change in item, so you'll be able to use the items always (i mean always always!), and then just add HP/MP or status/skill/etc. in common event.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@fizzly you are right, that is definitely a way to overcome this limitation. Applying a state to the selected actor and have a common event check for that state, act as the item itself and remove the state.

It still uses a script call to check which actor has the said state, but it does not require a script, and the script call is very small.

@QueenTeaYT in this case "Dummy State" is a blank state, no icon, no effect, just an empty state with a name.

Attachments

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The default behaviour is to block accidental use of items that have "obviously no effect".
Maybe a bit late here, but another way around this restriction would be to make the item inflict a state you never use with a 0% application chance. (The item will then be usable on any actor not already affected by that state by default.)

If the item does nothing in the first place, another way would be to make the item have no targets.

Last edited:

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
To setup a common event in items, in the Effects box for items: right-click > Edit > Other tab > Common Event
You can pick a blank name common event and so when player uses an item- it subtracts pill from inventory by 1.

Since it's a common event, sends the player back to the map screen upon use.

Last edited:

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hmm, couldnt you simply give the Item the HP recover option in the damage formular instead of the the effect Box?

I did test it with an Item which recovered 100hp in the formula and healt -1 as effect to be sure and it worked. (Endresult was 1 lower than maxhp item consumed)

But the other way around it didnt work. So i assume you only get the "not drink at full health" issue if you use the effect window. While it works fine if you use the dmg Formula.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohannBecker